May I post Devotions here for others to enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkOnItDevotions

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here. Before I post, I want to make sure it's the right place. I write daily devotions to encourage believers with God's Word. Is this the place to share?

BruceJ

Me and my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brucejudisch.com
Why not...?

I think there's room. Even though this is a writer's forum (ostensibly for writing topics), the inspiration from a devotional could prove valuable to a writer.

If it's not the right place, or if there's just a better one, perhaps a moderator can weigh in and give you the nod or redirect you.

Post away until then, is my opinion.

And thanks for sharing.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Elizabeth,

I'm the moderator of this forum and I'm of three minds on this.

First of all, this board is primarily for discussion about writing for the Christian Market. It would be nice if you could also contribute to this aspect of the forum, especially if you have any experience with publishing devotionals.

On the other hand, this is also a forum for Christian writers to come together. We have had some enlightening discussions related to the Christian Life and differing beliefs.

On the third hand, there is already a forum for sharing your work called Share Your Work, which has a Religious Writing subforum.

If your interest is primarily in showcasing your writing or asking for a critique, then I'd say it belongs in SYW. (You can certainly post here directing folks to your post in SYW for critique.) But if you are interested in a discussion of the topics in your devotionals, then this is probably the best place.

Let's give it a try and see how it works. I would hope, however, you will become an active member, participating in other threads and discussions as well as just posting your own work.

Status
Not open for further replies.