I will submit. I will, honest.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I am so ready to submit some material. I actually had the Reader's Digest online submission page open and was getting all ready to hit the submit button when I froze. I walked away from the computer, sipped some coffee, and came back to a blank screen.

Errrr...I have to do it. I will submit something today or maybe tomorrow. I don't know why I keep hesitating. I had queried several agents last year and had requests for partials. I submitted my work and then a week later sent each one an email and asked not to be considered.

But today I'm confident that I'll submit a story, poem, or humorous piece. I just need a little push from behind. Maybe if I had some reason besides personal satisfaction? I mean, who am I doing it for if at the end of the day if there's nobody around to share my success. I kind of envy the writers who have a partner or family who they share their accomplishments.

Okay whining over. Back to writing...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Now if you submit, and win, you can buy you some fresh roasted nuts and olive oil....come on...you can DO IT...repeat after me...I can Do it! I'm sending you a first class stamp! kimmi

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just ask yourself: What Would the Ants Do ? Or the Crickets?

Then scream, search the carpet for bugs, and hit Submit. You'll find it was much less painful than having those spy-cats following you around and sneaking into your bedroom at night :D

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I got everything ready to submit one story tomorrow. I will hit the submit button after my morning coffee.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
You'll be sharing your work with grateful readers, and you'll be sharing your success with us. Sounds ideal to me. Get thee hence and submitteth. NOW!

And don't you dare withdraw anything, either.:Lecture:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
kick%20your%20butt-734926.jpg

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go to Ray's House of Love and read about the coffee enemas. Either get a story out yourself, or we'll get it out for you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Story went out the door this morning. Posted the little red flag on the mailbox and now I'll just wait for three or four weeks to find out.

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
SpookyWriter said:
Story went out the door this morning. Posted the little red flag on the mailbox and now I'll just wait for three or four weeks to find out.

I feel like I'm looking in a mirror...except I think the reflection would cunfuse me. :)

Best a' luck with it Spookster.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I finally submitted a story today with The Saturday Evening Post. They asked me years ago to write a few articles for them, but I was busy (didn't know their market) writing horror/suspense. Now I have another story for them about taking care of my elderly mother.

I also have three stories ready to go for other magazines. I plan to submit this weekend a story to the Atlantic Monthly and will wait to see what happens.

I'm like all into the whole submission thingy now. Since I have a box load of short stories, (ten poems), and a bunch of humorous essays I should be busy for the next six month.

Gosh bless Absolute Write and the wonderful people here. Without your support I might never have submitted.

:Hug2:

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
YAY! Let's have a submitting party. Wahoo!

No, seriously, congratulations. It takes a lot of guts to submit. Many writers keep all their stories to themsleves, because they're afraid of sending them out in the world. It's good that your fear hasn't paralyzed you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Provrb1810meggy said:
YAY! Let's have a submitting party. Wahoo!

No, seriously, congratulations. It takes a lot of guts to submit. Many writers keep all their stories to themsleves, because they're afraid of sending them out in the world. It's good that your fear hasn't paralyzed you.
Hey thanks, stranger. I began taking writing classes around 1980 and have published a few items. That was years and years ago. I had a family, raised kids, and a career. Now that I'm a bit older and not so much more wiser, I decided to begin the transition to writing from hobby to making money. (Errrr....money!)

I have boxes, diskettes, and an internet site full of stories, poems, humor and books that I am starting to push...(let my children go!)

I hope you have the best success with your writing.

Yes, we need a party to get others involved and publish their works.