Fessing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamboogul

Hey gang,

As perhaps half of you know, I am not the naive, smiley face newbie that I've been pretending to be on this board.

The truth is that I have, in theory, lots of experience. I have a graduate degree in screenwriting from USC film school, have about a dozen scripts under my belt (in all diff. genres, I might add) and I am repped at ICM... which, in my defense, would have been very obvious if you clicked my profile.

I originally came here to just reply naively to half-baked advice for my amusement. But for some odd reason, I found this place enjoyable. So if you have any questions regarding
a) choosing film schools and why or why you shouldn't
b) anything related to the craft of screenwriting
c) what kind of materials agents are looking for
d) what I think about the New York Yankees,
...feel free to pose questions.

That being said, I know there is an online mentoring forum on this site. I will not mentor anyone (as this seems like such an odd concept of one non-professional helping another non-professional in an Obi-Wan-Luke way). I will not read your work. I will not refer you to anyone.

So from this post forward, I'll be my regular self. And with that, I post my last emoticons.

:snoopy
:party
:)

Optimus Maximus

Thank you, oh great Hamboogul, for coming down from the mountain to this board and showering the unwashed common masses with the golden, redemptive glory that is thy expert knowledge.

We all bow and revel in your infinite wisdom, for none here have the genius, experience, or connections that you possess.

Prometheus, thy name is Hamboogul.

:hail

I hope you inspire people on this board in the same way that you and your Unca Leo have inspired countless others on that evil Done Deal site.

:kiss

All kidding aside, Boog knows some stuff. People would do good to heed some of the advice he gives.

Oh, anonymous internet screenwriting messageboards! Heroin in my veins. Bane of my existence!

absolutewrite

:ha

Hey, Ham, nice to meet the real you. With our super emoticon selection, though, I wonder how long you'll be able to resist their beguiling wiggliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.