School shooting experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenmary

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lynch.st
I just lost my main lead for a story I'm doing on a school shootings. Does anyone know of anyone who has been involved with a school shooting on some level that I can talk to?

KML

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Are you looking for a situation where there was an actual shooting, or will the threat of shooting work. (The situation was resolved before any shooting actually took place.) Also, how fresh does the situation need to be?

I ask because I know someone who was a bystander (student) in an incident where a student brought a gun to school and was threatening to start shooting. The incident probably happened somewhere between 6 - 8 years ago. I don't know what kind of information she could give you besides as a student dealing with the fear. I know it is still there for her as she just told me about it recently after my daughter went through a bomb threat at the same school.

Of course, I don't even know if she would be willing to talk. :) I would be hesitant to ask her unless the scenario meets your requirements. Feel free to pm me.

Last edited:

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I've been through training both as a firefighter and as a police officer on responding to "active shooter" type incidents involving schools. Thankfully I have not had to deal with it outside the training realm. But I'd be happy to give you whatever limited imput that I can. Feel free to PM me.

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.