Finished first Novel

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
Well - I finally finished a complete draft of a novel. A small accomplishment relative to those of others - but as the author of several "half novels" that never went anywhere, I'm quite pleased with where I am today.

After a break - onto revisions! And then - (oh the excitement) a shiny NEW novel to write!

I'm very happy.

MFM

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
That's a huge accomplishment. Good for you!

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
:banana: :Jump: :banana: :Jump: :banana: :Jump: :banana: :Jump:

:Hail:
WAY TO GO!

Now get to that editing....
:whip:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
It's a HUGE accomplishment. You can play it down all you want, but I know you just feel AWESOME right now! Enjoy it!

Congrats!

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Good - definitely give yourself a point for this. And another when you've finished the editing of Bk1. But, where in your plan is the time to attempt to get Bk1 published? After editing? After editing and while writing Bk2?
Or are you writing these for yourself only? I presume, maybe incorrectly, that you have something like a day job to help you through?

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Now you can officially call yourself a writer! Congrats! You said something about it being a small accomplishment, but that's not it at all! There's a handful of people who can finish a novel, but have you seen the pile of people who can't? It's huge! You have now joined that select handful of people who can finish a piece, and by all means be happy!

LitFa

Writing Frantically
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on completing a novel. I totally understand about the half novels, I do this all the time, as a matter of fact I have like 3 right now. It is a big accomplishment to complete one. You are well on your way. Good luck!:D

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Congrats! And be sure you bask in your success for a while befotre you dive into edits, because they can suck that feeling of acheivement right away and you should enjoy it for a couple of days. Finishing a novel is a LOT of work!!! Go you!

Maprilynne

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the lovely kudos. :)

Yes - I have plans for editing (not for about a month, I want some space to help me read it a tad more objectively) and sending it out (after revisions including some "beta reader" feedback).

And I do have another job, but it's consulting work so my schedule is more flexible than when I had a regular 9-5 (more like 7-6) job.

It's all quite thrilling. Thanks for all your kind words!

MFM

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
::popping champagne cork:: Congratulations! Finishing a novel is a huge accomplishment. And the best part is that you can proudly say, "I'm working on my SECOND novel." Way to go!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Mystery! Now go buy yourself some ice cream. With hot fudge. And caramel. And whipped cream. And chopped nots. And a cherry.

Repeat as often as necessary, because you are OFFICIALLY A WRITER NOW!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's Phenomaltastic! (Why be a writer if you can't make up words?)

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on finishing! (well, apart from redrafts, spell checks, grammar checks, synopsis writing, query letter angst, finding agents/editors,... Why are we in this game?). Seriously, congrats! :)

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
That's a huge accomplishment. And the feeling when you have written down the last word? Priceless.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sury