To the experienced writers among us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutewrite

We have a lot of new people here this week, and I know most of you didn't come in from my main site (absolutewrite.com). Just wanted you to know that we have a weekly newsletter and are always looking for articles and interviews for screenwriters. (Articles about the business or craft, interviews with working writers, producers, agents, etc.) Pay is a whopping $5 or a subscription to the Absolute Markets Premium Edition, but we ask for non-exclusive electronic rights only. We have 75,000 subscribers.

Look around at www.absolutewrite.com and if you're interested, the guidelines are here:
www.absolutewrite.com/sit...ssions.htm

Thanks!

Hamboogul

wait, there's more than a message board?

you are more than welcome to post my father's poetry, free of charge.

absolutewrite

:grin Think I have Unca Leo's permission to swipe his copyright? I'm tempted. "Impossible face bane" is hard to top.

Unca Leo

I hereby give permission to republish 'Impossible Face Bane' in electronic and print form throughout the known universe...except Des Moines. For no other reason than I want to exclude Des Moines.

Hamboogul

you are a rabid anti-desmonite. next, you'll say that they should have their own state.

EDIT: Please pay pal $4.50 to me and $0.50 to my agency. This is my first paying gig... even if this poem got written by an A-list writer repped at a rival agency.

absolutewrite

:ha

I swear to God, I once accepted a $10 limited option agreement-- and my agent took her $1 commission.

But wait, it gets worse. I thought my $9 check was so funny that I hung it up on my office wall. At some point I got hungry and decided to cash it so I could buy some Taco Bell. Check bounced.

To be fair, I had waited a really long time to cash it and my agent had switched banks and offered to write me a new check. Never did, though. She's out of the biz now. Probably just to avoid paying me the $9 I so richly deserve.

Sledgeh101

Heh - sorry, but that's just too funny. Especially the agent cashing her $1 check. All she needs now is 999,999 other clients like yourself, and she can start living on easy street :lol

absolutewrite

Right, Barry.

Unca: How about if I post a warning on top of the page that says, "If you are from Des Moines, please don't read this"?

:b

A Pathetic Writer

I think pigeon lovers in Des Moines are going to hates you. Hates you forever, precious.

writerscut

I've been to Des Moines many a time...if those people don't get their way, you might have a protest at your doorstep Jen...

cleoauthor

I received a very thick envelope containing residual checks for a soap opera I had written. I quivered with excitement as I ripped open the envelope. A new car perhaps? A splendid vacation? My Goodness, there must be 75 checks in there! And there were! The largest one was for 7 cents, the smallest for 3 cents!

Heavy sigh.

Hamboogul

cleo,

wait until the DVD residuals come in. you might be able to get another 2 cents.

Sledgeh101

Cleo,
Just as long as you don't have a Seinfeld moment and wind up getting a cramp in your wrist from having to endorse all those checks :rollin (then again, I shouldn't laugh - at least you had a writing JOB... more than I got now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.