Shame! Israel Rejects Truce

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Would this truce also involve disarming old ladies who insist on blowing themselves up?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Would this truce also involve disarming old ladies who insist on blowing themselves up?

No, you're thinking of congress' solution to social security.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
SpookyWriter said:
hamas is equal opportunity. 'bout time grandmas got involved.

far as the other, israel wants the last word. or, wants it to be their idea. god forbid hamas comes up w/ it, first.

I can't see either side ever agreeing to just agree to stop it. someone's got to have the last word, or in this case, the last shot.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
...I see a suspicious lack of Greglondon in this thread. And Israel is in the title.

You guys don't think Greg is dead, do you? :|

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I forget where I read about this. I think it was on MSNBC News. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Why should Israel stop fighting their sworn enemy, so that some of the attacks will be halted? No, if Israel's enemies wanted to totally cease-fire, then yeah, that might make some sense.

But the way the proposed cease-fire was set up, Israel's enemies could attack in other fashions, without fear of retribution. I'm glad Israel rejected the cease-fire.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
you know, i have to tell you how wearying it is that any reporting that reflects badly on any islamic militants is "almost assuredly" twisted.

since my original post, israel has accepted a cease-fire, pulled back its forces and still had rockets fired at it by militant groups who refused to honor the cease-fire. israel has not retaliated.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i have no "team", BoP. but it's almost clinical denial among some (i'm not necessarily including you) to immediately discount as biased anything remotely negative about radical muslims, yet somehow every article that condemns israel or the US is the gospel.

anyway, i'm glad that a cease-fire is underway and hope that it will last.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
i have no "team", BoP. but it's almost clinical denial among some (i'm not necessarily including you) to immediately discount as biased anything remotely negative about radical muslims, yet somehow every article that condemns israel or the US is the gospel.

anyway, i'm glad that a cease-fire is underway and hope that it will last.
Only for those who refuse to see the truth.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Bird of Prey said:
Like I said, Ian, 'easy to sit in judgment of a humiliated people. And it's natural to want to define right and wrong - the good guys and the bad guys - but it's not that easy. I suspect that had the Palestinians not made such a fuss all these years, they would have been long forgotten and langushing in abject poverty, very similiar to other parts of the world that don't pose a threat, and consequently, have neither international sympathy nor attention.

I understand what you're saying, BoP, but I am not sitting in judgment over any people, whether they be humiliated or not. I suspect that if the Palestinians had not made such a fuss, the fighting would still be going on. The Palestinians are not the only enemies Israel has. A good many Arab nations have vowed to destroy Israel....or so I'm told. I've heard it said that the only reason the Palestinians are so huge an issue, is that they are a convenient pawn for their brethren to use to try to destroy Israel.

I agree with you that the reporting should be corroborated between sources. I hold to the belief that 'In the mouths of two or three witnesses, let every word be established'. However, it should be pointed out that whether or not more than one source says the same thing, if something happens, it happens. No amount of reporting on something--or spinning the story, as the case may be--is going to change what really happened.

I suppose the only people who really know what happened, are the people involved in this conflict. You can no more sit in judgment over Israel than I would be able to claim to sit in judgment over the Palestinians.

I just think that if a treaty is proposed where a terrorist group demands a total cease-fire and then offers to partially cease their own hostilities, then the nation that accepts such a cease-fire would be most foolish indeed.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
The Palestinians lobbed a couple of shells into Israel today, so it really doesn't matter much. This is going to drag on and on like The Troubles in Northern Ireland, until everyone in the world is sick of it and stops watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.