Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

yldii

Just saw The Butterfly Effect last night. The whole Chaos Theory concept was wild. I think I'll look for the screenplay today. Like to see how it was written.

....Yldii.........

writerscut

Haven't seen it, but can only imagine the quality of an Ashton Kutcher movie...he even grew a beard because he's now a "serious" actor. But if you say so...

Funny story actually...these two girls were standing around talking to me about movie...the one I've known for several years...and they said how they had gone to The Butterfly Effect last night, and then...to my dismay...the girl states that it was "The best movie I've ever seen." Well, needless to say I was shocked, and on the verge of puking. So I forced her to come to my house where I showed her Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, On the Waterfront, and other such classics. I know people can have their own opinions...but if the best movie one has seen is an Ashton Kutcher one...I'm not going to let it lay. But anyhoo, good luck finding that screenplay, it might be a hard find because it's a newer film...

yldii

It was good. The best? Hardly.

In defense of Kutcher, he actually wasn't too bad(surprisingly).

See the movie and let me know what you thought.

.........Yldii.........

bottomlesscup

I thought it was too episodic. the stakes and action didn't really rise, they just changed. Because every 'jump' could have been the one where everything was perfect, you had no sense of pace in the film.

Overall, it was decent, but disappointing. The trailers were very exciting.

EggMcGuffin

ashton kutcher didnt sux0r in that movie but i thought the weaknesses were in the plot and script. like hes supposed to be able to go back and change his stuff based on his own journals and writin and memories then at the end he goes back and changes it based on his pdocs notes. whatev. |I

bluejester12

ummm...at the end he goes back by watching home movies. His father had been able to do that I think.

evanaharris

It was better than I expected but by no means the greatest movie I've ever seen.

That honor goes to Police Academy 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.