awesome things i can do with my body....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can bend the last joints of my fingers (the ones nearest the nail) without bending the other joints. Some days, when I've been keyboarding too long, it starts to be involuntary.

Maryn, whose stomach's wave days are long gone

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can roll my stomach too.

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
tjwriter said:
Let me introduce you to my 10 month old daughter. Hers hangs past her chin when she sticks it out.

I'm completely out classed. How can I compete with such a cutie?

I'm not sure this is playing fair. ;)

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I can crack my middle finger and my pinky finger constantly for hours, I can pop my hip (though that's sometimes involuntary), and I used to be able to dislocated one of my shoulders while talking to someone, but I can't anymore. :(

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
TsukiRyoko said:
I used to be able to dislocated one of my shoulders while talking to someone, but I can't anymore. :(

Maybe you're just out of practice.

I have the involuntary hip popping thing too. When I was younger, I was a dancer. The noise would drive my ballet instructers Crazy. Particularly when we moved (which was often as I was a military brat). Without fail, that first day the teacher would stop in the middle of an exercise, turn off the music, and say:

"What, in the name of all that's Holy, IS that?"

Always nice to be noticed.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aliajohnson said:
Maybe you're just out of practice.

I have the involuntary hip popping thing too. When I was younger, I was a dancer. The noise would drive my ballet instructers Crazy. Particularly when we moved (which was often as I was a military brat). Without fail, that first day the teacher would stop in the middle of an exercise, turn off the music, and say:

"What, in the name of all that's Holy, IS that?"

Always nice to be noticed.

I;ve tried practicing it again, but I almost broke my arm. I've resigned myself to the fact that my hip popping days are over...for now (wait til I get old and EVERYTHING pops. what fun!)

Hips don't pop quietly either- they always pop unbelievably loud. That must have sucked, being call to the front like that.
"What is that?"
"It's uh....it's my hip ma'am...."

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
TsukiRyoko said:
I
Hips don't pop quietly either- they always pop unbelievably loud. That must have sucked, being call to the front like that.
"What is that?"
"It's uh....it's my hip ma'am...."

Exactly. I firmly believe this is why I never got the role of Clara in the Nutcracker. Or the Sugarplum Fairy. Or any other role that didn't feature the clack of twenty other toe shoes hitting wood, effectively drowning out my loud hip. :D

Hey, aren't there whole bands that play body parts? Joint crackers could be the percussion session.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aliajohnson said:
Exactly. I firmly believe this is why I never got the role of Clara in the Nutcracker. Or the Sugarplum Fairy. Or any other role that didn't feature the clack of twenty other toe shoes hitting wood, effectively drowning out my loud hip. :D

Hey, aren't there whole bands that play body parts? Joint crackers could be the percussion session.
I used to have nervous ticks really bad as a kid and they would always give me the same roles because I kept making noise. Now, from that, I'm a demented individual with mental fogginess. :D

I'm not sure of a professional band or anything that plays body parts (though if there were one, I would not be surprised) but I know, as a fact, that many hobos play body parts because they can't afford instruments. You could play with the hobos (who are actually extremely good musicians). :D

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
As a child I somehow made my left thumb double-jointed. The right is not. I saw someone do this one time, and totally unaware that it was impossible I kept trying until I could do it. Maybe wore down the cartilage or something.

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
jbal said:
As a child I somehow made my left thumb double-jointed. The right is not. I saw someone do this one time, and totally unaware that it was impossible I kept trying until I could do it. Maybe wore down the cartilage or something.

Ah, Hardwork and Perseverance, it's amazing what you can accomplish with those two little tools. :D

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
aliajohnson said:
Ah, Hardwork and Perseverance, it's amazing what you can accomplish with those two little tools. :D
And stupidity. I've always attributed it to the power of the mind over the body, since I didn't know it wasn't possible.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I'm double jointed in the elbows, and can turn my arms almost completely around in the middle.

It's gnarly, but fun at parties.

Zonk

Registered
Reaction score
preyer said:
i can make my stomach do the wave. top that!

Well, since I'm heavy enough to play on the offensive line, I can make my stomach do The Tsunami.

:tongue :tongue :tongue

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
You're freaks, the lot of you! :D

I can do the splits, that's about it.

--Alex(just jealous she can't do something really cool like everyone else on this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.