Today's new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasDF

I happened to find this place and looked in. I noticed some Laurel and Hardy (I know, that's an old one) exchanges and figured I might just like this place. No, I'm not a troublemaker looking for trouble. I'm just a screenwriter looking for others in the industry who don't act like sleeping pills. :party

I use to be quite argumentative, but I've really mellowed out because I've come to realize that getting upset at anything on the net is a massive waste of precious energy and time. So if anyone tries to pick a fight with me, I'm afraid they’ll be using the emoticon :head

There's so much to discuss and I hope there are plenty of people who like discussing screenwriting and film.

To introduce myself, I've been working on developing my screenwriting for about nine years and I'm fairly good at it. Of course, learning screenwriting is a pursuit that should only end when the old carcass is in a coffin. I've had some small success when I started with teleplays, but the projects I'm working on now are (dare I say that Hollywood cliche`) really exciting. I'm working on an adaptation requested by a producer and I'm working with an Indy film maker on two projects.

Working with the Indy director has been a lot of fun and a hell of a learning experience. I hope to find others who have worked with Indy or mainstream productions to share and discuss experiences. I've found that the writer's role during production is a very tricky thing. Anyway, that's enough for now and I really look forward to meeting you all.

Thomas

writerscut

Welcome welcome welcome! You might also want to post a greeting in the nebie board...I look forward to having some good discussions...and never forget to check out the other boards...best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.