New Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pathetic Writer

Since

a) There is no moderator for this forum

and

b) There is a sudden influx of sometimes not-nice newbies (welcome, newbies! :party )

I recommend we get a moderator for this forum. I think the one person best qualified to bridge the gap between old and new members, and the one with the best, most sound advice around, would be Hamboogul.

What do you think, Jenna.

Oh, and I can't seem to get into the moderator forum to discuss this. My password doesn't work.

Hamboogul

As someone who came here before this supposed "Hamboogul Horde invasion," I consider myself one of the older posters.

Yes, I am very alarmed by this new influx of posters. And while I try to do my best, I feel that my efforts will be like my screenplays: trite, annoying, and full of lesbian shower scenes.

So I appreciate the nomination but I have to decline. Thank you very much. :)

absolutewrite

Hey APW. Actually, I had my eye on you... and Optimus... for the job. :grin

Our former moderator went into med school last month. He was a fine, fine fellow and we miss him. I have been restructuring the forums lately and am hoping to name a new mod soon.

By the way, I've banned maia.

Just thought you might be interested. Let us not speak of her again.

A Pathetic Writer

(and let me add... I'd be a GREAT moderator!)

:kiss

:hug

(I'm a uniter, not a divider)

:hail :ha il:hail :ha il PLEASE! :hail :ha il:hail :ha il

:snoopy

Optimus Maximus

Dclary would be horrible.

And, although I know you were joking, grad school doesn't offer me enough time to moderate. To meddle around and waste time posting nonsense? Yes. But actually moderate and contribute something useful? Yeahnotsomuch.

And, banning maia might've been a bit harsh, unless she's done other things of which I'm not aware.

Anyway, technically my first post here (and on Bill Martell's Script Secrets board) was over a year and a half ago, so that makes me more of a veteran than Hamboogul, therefore my opinion should count more.

;)

I think this board works fine un-directly-moderated as long as certain people stop posting stupid crap. *cough!*mdbftp*cough!*

absolutewrite

banning maia might've been a bit harsh, unless she's done other things of which I'm not aware.

Opti: Yes. For quite a long time. I've been practicing turning a blind eye for ages. Straw that broke the camel's back and all that.

Really do appreciate the productive advice you two have given here, if I haven't mentioned that.

Optimus Maximus

Really do appreciate the productive advice you two have given here, if I haven't mentioned that.
Hey!

I take exception to that!

I have NEVER posted ANYTHING even remotely productive!

And, from reading both his posts over the years and his scripts, I know for a fact that APW never has either!

A Pathetic Writer

I have a productive cough right now, but that's about it.

Actually, I have given good advice on occasion. But you have to dig through a lot of horseshit to find a pony, if you catch my drift.

scripter1

Can I cast a vote?

Haven't been here in a while, moving and all that. Not sure what my rank would be.

What about Dpaterso? Aka Derek.

He always seems to have very sound advice and he's usually quite nice and diplomatic.

absolutewrite

Scripter: I don't think Derek's here-- just on the DD board.

Opti and APW: Sorry if I tarnished your troublemaking images. Bad Opti and APW! They're nothin' but trouble, I tell ya! Incorrigible! >:

(Was that convincing?)

Seriously, I do have a screenwriting mod in mind-- you haven't met him yet but he's a member of my writing group. Will bring him by and get him aquainted here soon. Meantime, you're stuck with me. Auntie Jenna. The cruel dictator.

XOXOX,

love2code

Let me mod for a week, so I can hurry up and ban Ham and APW aka dclary aka 250 other screen names.

xtz

Banning Maia

If Maia = mammamaia...

its your board and you can ban who you like but she was one of the good folk of the forum, always trying to be helpful and making an effort for people... that's worth an awful lot.

scripter1

I know he was here a couple of months ago. Always responding to posts in very positive ways and often asking people to stay on track and not get into petty arguments.

Dpaterso isn't a pro yet and may have somewhat limited experience but he doesn't deliberately lead writers astray.
His intentions are good.
I don't really want to drag up what earned him the sig line.

But, I guess if he doesn't come here anymore there isn't much point.

If he starts showing back up though Jenna, take a look over his posts. I think you'll see that he's all right.

absolutewrite

xtz: I truly don't want to badmouth anyone behind their backs. I like Maia and always felt her intentions were good. But I've gotten countless complaints about her since the board began, from people I trust, mostly about the harsh/condescending treatment of people who came to her for free mentoring. I couldn't endorse her advice and couldn't feel good about sending new writers her way on this board. I came to believe she was doing more harm than good here.

I'd prefer to not say any more on the topic, because again, I do believe her intentions are good and I do believe she's helped many writers. This is something I've been on the fence about for a long time, but couldn't ignore anymore.

More info: p197.ezboard.com/fabsolut...D=81.topic

writerscut

You do have your reasons, and we have to respect it...though as I've said before it's a shame when so many people found your website because of maia...she is harsh, true, but you can't expect anything else when you choose a business this difficult. Anyway, we all move on...

dpaterso

Amazing, I look away for a couple of days--

Jenna, wow, banned Maia... thought you were joking... but obviously not. You must've had your reasons, shrug.

scripter, thanks for the kind words, but even if I dropped in more often than every other day, and assuming that Jenna knew me well enough to trust me, which alas isn't the case, I can't see myself being swept to moderatorship on a tidal wave of popularity! Though I'm positive I'd have PipeWriter's and Apathetic's votes.

-Derek
-----------------------​
My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.

NikeeGoddess

elections are just popularity contests. they rarely merit the one who would do the best job. but, that is the american way :p

anyhoo - honestly, i'm not sad to see momma go. i do believe she did have her best interest at heart but, she drove anyone away who professed to be more helpful and experienced than she and insisted that they were trying to cheat or rob newbies of their hard earned cash, regardless of their intentions. to me she was just looking in the mirror and not liking what she saw - the similarities. unfortunately for her, i know she was chased from another screenwriting board last year. :shrug

write on!

absolutewrite

Hey Derek! Well now I feel sheepish for not knowing you were here. I haven't hung around the screenwriting board in a looong time because I had a great moderator here (Foxfire) until a few weeks ago, so I spent most of my time on other boards. Looks like I came back just in time for the excitement. :party

dchapma123

Oh, you know what happens when one of your coworkers becomes your boss. It changes everything. Suddenly you don't feel comfortable telling dirty screenwriting jokes while you're supposed to be working on that second draft.

Better the new moderator be someone who has never posted here before. Or at least pretend to be.

Dave...

Hamboogul

i nominate EggMcMuffin. He seems to know Hitchcockian paradigms and seems to be carb friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.