PDA

View Full Version : The Tenth Circle by Jodi Piccoult

Annwyn
11-23-2006, 11:15 AM
This book was absolutely brilliant. I'm not an avid reader of literary fiction, but this one hooked me from the start, and didn't let go. The characters were driven, flawed, human. I ended up bawling my eyes out, and laughing out loud at certain places. Really deep. I love the way she examines relationships between people, she really is a brilliant writer.

Okay, so if anyone else read it, what did you guys think?

Annwyn

aadams73
11-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I read this the Saturday before last. I curled up in bed and read all day. Jodi Piccoult almost always delivers a fantastic read(except that humpback whale thing which I just couldn't connect with.) For some reason the ending didn't quite deliver for me, though. I felt like something different was needed, maybe because I guessed ahead of time "whodunit." But everything else up to that was superb and riveting.

Miss
11-26-2006, 01:48 PM
It was actually my least favourite of the Picoult books I've read.

In the past, I've grown to like or even love her protagonists, particularly the young women, despite their flaws. I didn't feel that connection with Trixie even though I tried to and wanted to.

Annwyn
11-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Wow - really? I suppose it's because I've never read any of the other Picoult books that this one really struck me - also Trixie really reminded my of my own protagonist, who's much older but had some of the same experiences, so I suppose it was easier for me to relate to her character because of that. Any other suggestions of good works by her?