• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Anyone up to critiquing and mentoring me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annwyn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pretty experienced someone to read a few chapters of my novel (it's a really really really long one, so I wouldn't put anyone through the hassle of having to read ALL of it just yet :) ) to see where I'm going wrong. I also need someone to help with the query letters - I have a complete inability (in my five to ten attempts) of saying in 2 paragraphs what took me 163,928 words to say (and that's only the first novel of the trilogy ;) )

Anyone up for it? I'm willing to return the critiquing favor, mostly in the fantasy genre. I am however familiar with most genres thanks to working in a book store (product knowledge drilled into our brains, lol). Just PM me!

Thanks,

Annwyn

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
If it's the first 2-3 chapters, I might have the time for that over the long weekend. (I'll probably be bored at the in-laws anyway)

Send me an email with a single attachment of the opening chapters, the most important for hooking a reader.

Melanie

Annwyn

Registered
Reaction score
Oh thank you SOOO much Melanie,

Would you like me to PM you? I don't have your email address...unless you want to put it in a PM to me?

Thanks,

Annwyn

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
Sorry, I thought I had my profile set up to show my email addy. I don't like to post it online for fear of spammers grabbing it. You can PM me or use my public email: melanie_nilles at yahoo.com. (Hope net spiders can't grab that.)

Melanie

Annwyn

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, fair enough, in this day and age you never know - I will post it shortly, thanks for the quick response. I feel like I've been tied to this computer for the past few days
icon10.gif

Annwyn

Status
Not open for further replies.