Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Tantalicious Iscariot, the Night Pirate arachnid, the wood spider I awoke to find in my mouth during my stay in Richmond, died bravely in battle at approximately 10:25 am of Nov. 17th.

I was taking him for his daily walk and meal (I put him on mother's bed and let him go nuts for about 15 minutes, then I hold the jar up to the bottom of the door and he comes crawling back). Once I figured he was been satied, i put the jar up to the crease in the door. No spider came. I waited there, with the jar held open for a few minutes, figuring he was taking his time, but still, nothing. I opened the door a smidge to see my mother, the Beast, scooping up my dead, squashed friend with a piece of paper. I was heartbroken, and knew I had lost a dear friend.

Let's take a moment for Tantalicious Iscariot.

He was a lovable wood spider. He loved cleaning teeth and sucking the life from my mother's veins while she napped. He never bit me, despite all the time we had together, and he always had a spier-y smile on his spider-y face. We met when he first decided to clean my teeth, before telling me of his dreams of becoming a dentist. He loved getting jiggy to the sweet rhythms of The Kinks and and The Monkees, and he indulged on the occasional cricket (Spooky, that's your cue). He was a very self-conscious spider, always thumbing through the magazines for new fashion tips and weight-loss programs, but he really was very fit for his age.

Oh, Tantalicious Iscariot, the Night Pirate arachnid, we shall remember you always as the happy, healthy, thriving wood spider we've known and loved for about a week, give or take some.

Be at peace, my blessed fanged blood sucker. Be at peace.
:2angel:

Last edited:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
My condolences, Tsuki.

Maybe next time you need to choose a slightly larger partner -- or maybe an even smaller one -- to help suck the life out of your mother?

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Birol said:
My condolences, Tsuki.

Maybe next time you need to choose a slightly larger partner -- or maybe an even smaller one -- to help suck the life out of your mother?
:D
Well, my fleet of Madagascar hissing cockroaches don't suck blood (they're cool though, they eat all the leftovers) and I'm banned from getting a snake or a vampire bat, so my choices are a little limited.
:Shrug:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Get your mom a job at Walmart or the DMV.

That'll suck the life right out of her.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
DrSpork said:
Get your mom a job at Walmart or the DMV.

That'll suck the life right out of her.
She already has a Wal-mart job (despite her ability as an RN. Thanks Mom.) and know what's weird? She ENJOYS it! I don't know how or why, but she honestly, truly, swear to God does!

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A moment of silence for a fine arachnid figure. He was a spider. A soldier. A free spirit.

But above all, he was a friend.

He shall be missed.

I had a cool little brown recluse for a buddy, a long time ago. She was cute.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
She already has a Wal-mart job (despite her ability as an RN. Thanks Mom.) and know what's weird? She ENJOYS it! I don't know how or why, but she honestly, truly, swear to God does!

It's good practice for her (then she comes home and tortures you)

Get a Hobo spider next time. :cool:

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
TsukiRyoko said:
Tantalicious Iscariot, the Night Pirate arachnid, the wood spider I awoke to find in my mouth during my stay in Richmond, died bravely in battle at approximately 10:25 am of Nov. 17th.
:e2salute: R.I.P.Tantalicious Iscariot. May you have an abundance of flies and teeth in spider heaven. :cry:

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
the wood spider I awoke to find in my mouth

I dont even know what to say to this...

I have the sudden urge to spit until I cant spit no more....thats just sick lol

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Get a tarantula. My best friend had a tarantula. Her name was Page. She was real cool. Once she ate a dozen crickets in two days. The tarantula, not my friend. But both were cool. (Well my friend was usually 98.6....)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw---poor Tantalicious Iscariot. RIP my eight-legged friend. My youngest is nuts for creepy cralwies and such. We will own a snake at somepoint. Right now, he's too young. When he's older and more responsible he can have one. I had a snake when I was a kid. Sorry, Tsuki :(

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
Be at peace, my blessed fanged blood sucker. Be at peace.
:2angel:
:roll: That's sad, but freaking funny at the same time. I suspect your little friend has a few relatives waiting for you to return from thanksgiving dinner. Just make sure you check under the pillow before going to sleep tomorrow night.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Condolences on the loss of your friend.
Now get some professional help. Or more air.

A new pet of the mammal variety perhaps. At least something with better survival chances than a wood spider on your Mom's bed...

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I have a tarantula named Rose. My husband gave her for my birthday 3 years ago. She's molted twice since I got her.

She's a nice spider, but we don't hold her or we itch.

I bought her a companion once, a male tarantula who, of course, could not actually be in the same container as Rose, or else she'd kill him, The male tarantula was much more aggressive, and ate several crickets a day, whereas Rose chooses to eat a few crickets a week.

The male would take a cricket right out of my hands, and tried to bite me often. He'd attack a pencil, too.

The male tarantula died shortly after Katrina, not really sure why. But male tarantulas have a lifespan of about 2 years, while female tarantulas like Rose, live up to 20 years.

There is a point to this story someplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.