Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
When I go to the donation page and click on "Books For Writers List" it locks up Internet Explorer and I have to kill the process using the task list. Does this happen for other people, or is it just my computer? Is there a special fix to get around it?

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Ok, tried it just now and it worked without totally crashing. However, it kept making pop-ups (even though I've got pop-ups blocked) and I had to hit "OK" about a hundred times before it would even start to load.

writingmom

Happy To Be !
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Jamie, I went your site and I liked it very much. There was so much info, on pen names, authors, other links to agents, that should help anyone who needs extra attention has I do. Just a beginner to writing I will visit, writingmom... p.s, I probably need a better pen name, lol.

Deleted member 42

jamiehall said:
Ok, tried it just now and it worked without totally crashing. However, it kept making pop-ups (even though I've got pop-ups blocked) and I had to hit "OK" about a hundred times before it would even start to load.

The popups are not from that site.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Linda Adams said:
I didn't get any popups either. You may want to scan your computer for spyware (run a search for Lavasoft for a free spyware program).

I'm on a university computer system where I'm not allowed to run any virus-destroying or spyware except "Spybot Search & Destroy" and "Trend Micro OfficeScan" but I've run both of those several times in the meantime, and I still get pop-ups asking me to click "OK" a whole bunch of times, so that the page takes forever to load.
I've had this same thing happen at a couple other sites too; I think my computer simply hates it when people import Amazon.com information into a page from outside instead of writing the html themselves and just inserting the affiliate link directly into their current html (since it doesn't do this on my own Amazon.com affiliate pages where I just have the links alone, with pictures and such directly on my own site, not imported). I think it's setting off my warning systems by trying to import information like that, and I've looked at the settings and I don't think I can change it to keep it from giving me so many warnings.

Deleted member 42

Do you have images from domains other than a site's own domain blocked?

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Medievalist said:
Do you have images from domains other than a site's own domain blocked?

I'm not sure, but I don't think I do. On "Internet Options" I've got security level at "Medium-high" which says it "Prompts before downloading potentially unsafe content" and "Unsigned ActiveX controls will not be downloaded." I don't see anything mentioning images in particular, but I do know that my computer downloads just fine from websites that have images from photobucket imported in. It just seems to hate those little boxes with the image included that get imported from Amazon.com for some reason. I can't figure out why. Unfortunately, there is no box to check on the warning pop-ups to say to allow them all. I have to hit each "okay" individually, which is quite a pain as they just keep coming for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.