Someone shoot me...please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to quit smoking again. I've gone exactly 21 hours 15 minutes without a cigarette. In that time, I've chewed 4 pieces of nicotine gum. It's just not the same as having a cigarette.

Last time I quit I was pregnant. It was easy with such a good reason. This time I want to quit because: 1. It's a nasty habit and very bad for me. And 2. It's really expensive. I'm down to one income with a mortgage that is half my take home pay and a 2 year old to support. I can use the extra $150 a month.

But I'm ready to bite someones head off. Everyone look out...

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
herbal cigarettes..no nicotine ..no tobacco.

It takes 4 days to overcome the nicotine addiction. Its the oral fixation thats the problem :)

I managed to quit..but I do occasionally smoke an herbal.

Good luck..its so hard to do!

Try the herbals though..they dont taste really great but it beats feeding yourself the chemicals until you are over the nicotine addiction.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm calling 911.

Yes, we have a suicide by AW in progress.

This is going to sound strange, but have an ice cold glass of water and breath deeply and suck on a straw just like you would a cig.

That's how I got through the first week. The looks I got.

Good luck!

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I'm calling 911.

Yes, we have a suicide by AW in progress.

This is going to sound strange, but have an ice cold glass of water and breath deeply and suck on a straw just like you would a cig.

That's how I got through the first week. The looks I got.

Good luck!

LOL i imagine!

I was so afraid of gaining wieght when I quit that it held me back a lot.

I do have an herbal now and then with a glass of wine, but I did check the ingredients the other day and found out im smokin catnip LOL

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I really understand, honestly (goes for a smoke break)...I'd rather quit having sex before I give up my smokes. Oh wait, I already did that....hahhahahahaa

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
I really understand, honestly (goes for a smoke break)...I'd rather quit having sex before I give up my smokes. Oh wait, I already did that....hahhahahahaa

That is just a sorry state of affairs spooky LOL

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
WackAMole said:
Just get pregnant again. That'll solve the weight gain issue. :D

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
WackAMole said:
That is just a sorry state of affairs spooky LOL
Yeah, but annually more people die in the U.S. from sex than smoking. Ha! (lights up another cigarette)...

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
The last time I tried to quit I was in a reparte (at least I thought it was) with my husband as we were driving around in the pasture, when he gunned the engine, bounced us to the gate, up the hill, around the corner to the driveway, down the driveway, onto the highway squealed to a stop at the corner convenient store, jumped out, slammed the door and went inside. He came out with a pack of cigarettes, threw them at me and told me not to ever try to quit again! True story!

Good luck!!:D

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
DeborahM said:
The last time I tried to quit I was in a reparte (at least I thought it was) with my husband as we were driving around in the pasture, when he gunned the engine, bounced us to the gate, up the hill, around the corner to the driveway, down the driveway, onto the highway squealed to a stop at the corner convenient store, jumped out, slammed the door and went inside. He came out with a pack of cigarettes, threw them at me and told me not to ever try to quit again! True story!

Good luck!!:D

LOL (sounds familiar)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
May I suggest taking 2-4 St. John's Wort (herb) Capsules a day? My best friend is quitting and that helps her moods a lot. That and sipping iced tea through a straw.(Terri's cure)
And I make sure I am avaliable for her to vent at as necessary. For her, yelling and stuff helps too. So I call her up and let her yell at me. As long as she's yelling she isn't smoking.

DeniseJ

Thank you for all these helpful tips. I, too, am trying to quit smoking and finding it very difficult to do so. Alas, when I have made the attempt I've never gone more than a few days before a tired friend or relative throws a pack of cigarettes at me and tells me to quit my bitchin'.

Ironically, growing up I always detested smoking (both my parents do) and I never thought I would start. Boy, how times change.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lots & Lots of water, sweetie! Flush that nicotine out. You've come this far now everytime u get the urge; do something, you normally don't do or go somewhere you normally don't go... take a walk, sit in a different chair... Remember you are only one cigarette away from 100... Take it minute by minute if you have too...pretty soon you can take it hour by hour, than day by day...Good Luck! kimmi:Hug2:

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Just keep trying, the first day is the hardest. If you have your mind occupied, the urges only last a few minutes. Nicotine gum is crap, throw it out. All it will do is give you heartburn and make you go "Ew...Jesus...Ughh....". Actually, it's probably because of the gum that you're feeling so irritable. When I tried to quit, I was doing fine even through the urges. Then, I'd pop a piece of nicotine gum into my mouth and look for someone to beat the sh!t out of (something about that stuff makes you angry....).

Just a few more days and you'll be good to go! Be sure to take a lot of showers and sleep every chance you get. The more you sleep, the less you'll want a cigarette. Good luck!

Last edited:

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
WackAMole said:
LOL i imagine!

I do have an herbal now and then with a glass of wine, but I did check the ingredients the other day and found out im smokin catnip LOL
I lost weight last time I tried to quit. But then, it was probably because I spent all my time in front of a punching bag until the stuffing fell out of it.

DeborahM

Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
I lost weight last time I tried to quit. But then, it was probably because I spent all my time in front of a punching bag until the stuffing fell out of it.

That would definately make one lose weight! Did you buy a new bag for punching out the rest of your frustrations?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:
TsukiRyoko said:
:roll:

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
DeborahM said:
That would definately make one lose weight! Did you buy a new bag for punching out the rest of your frustrations?
Nope. Money is pretty tight nowadays, so I just handcuffed my little sister to the wall. Boy was she glad when I started smoking again (I know, I know, smack my hand, no smoking).

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Wow. A cigarette habit is up to $150 a month? And I was angry over the price when I quit at $60 a month!

Good luck. Take it one day at a time.

$5 a pack + 1 pack a day + 30 days a month = $150 (give or take...I don't always smoke a pack a day)

Thanks for all of the advice everyone! I'll definitely try that water and straw thing. But I do like the nicotine gum...it helps the cravings a lot!

24 hours down...lots more to go!

DeborahM

Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
Nope. Money is pretty tight nowadays, so I just handcuffed my little sister to the wall. Boy was she glad when I started smoking again (I know, I know, smack my hand, no smoking).

:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.