Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so grateful for you guys. You've seen me through some stuff, good and bad.

Thanks for putting up with my dorkings. I'm bumping up the funny this holiday because it's the first without my mom and it helps me deal with it. I have mixed feelings about it because she was a pain in the ask 50% of the time she was with me during the holidays. I felt as if I had a moody 15 year old around. But then there were these moments of clarity when she would actually act like my mom and be mature about situations and act selfless.

I'll be scarce for the next week around here, but thinking about you all, newbies included.

Thanks most of all for the amazing support and work that goes on around here to run this place (mods). Mac taking over and Dawno's contribution- you guys have no idea how this place holds me together. I know where I be without you guys, and I don't want to go back to that dark place.

This is not just a public board, it's a family, a functional family, a place where we can grow and be who we want to be.

I love you all deeply- thank you for being my friends.

Terri

PS. Dorks. :tongue Pass the tissues please?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Turkey day Terri, and this year I PROMISE my kids won't put little raisin faces on the sweet potatoes and tell your kids 'that was the guiena pig'.

Promise!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:cry: But what about your Walmart jokes...I hope you'll at least be hanging out there on Black Friday getting some good info for your book!;) Love ya kiddo, have a peaceful happy thanksgiving, hugs kimmi

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Happy Turkey day Terri, and this year I PROMISE my kids won't put little raisin faces on the sweet potatoes and tell your kids 'that was the guiena pig'.

Promise!

And I promise my kids wont put boogers in the pumpkin pie and call it extra spice.

Promise!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
:cry: But what about your Walmart jokes...I hope you'll at least be hanging out there on Black Friday getting some good info for your book!;) Love ya kiddo, have a peaceful happy thanksgiving, hugs kimmi

Don't worry, we're all going shopping this weekend and today. I'll let you know what my kids get into while we're there.

I'm seriously thinking about the Walmart book.

I need to find a way for other people to submit their funny stories and perhaps donate the proceeds so walmart women can have nice teeth or at least some teeth. :D

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
And I promise my kids wont put boogers in the pumpkin pie and call it extra spice.

Promise!
Terri Terri Terri...you've got a gift!!! I had to change my panties 3 times the other day...:roll: Now do it!! do it!!!:whip: look out walmartttt!
ps...take this & turn it into something. Hubby wants to be a Walmart greeter and hand out smiley faces when he retires from his very stressful job! My favorite Walmart special...when they run a special on Boudreaux's Butt Paste...mmmm, good for adult acne, makes it softer than a babys butt...

Last edited:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
Terri Terri Terri...you've got a gift!!! I had to change my panties 3 times the other day...:roll: Now do it!! do it!!!:whip: look out walmartttt!
ps...take this & turn it into something. Hubby wants to be a Walmart greeter and hand out smiley faces when he retires from his very stressful job! My favorite Walmart special...when they run a special on Boudreaux's Butt Paste...mmmm, good for adult acne, makes it softer than a babys butt...

:ROFL:

Okay, but I'm going to look for a co-writer...Kimmi? Can you think of anybody?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guinea pig poop and "extra spices"

*jots down two more justifications for being childless*

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
:ROFL:

Okay, but I'm going to look for a co-writer...Kimmi? Can you think of anybody?

no way sweetie, you are strong enough on your own! I can't even speell spael spil SPELL ;) 1/2 the time. I'll cheer you on ...now go!!!

Last edited:

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Terri, we're all here for you. I'll be thinking of you on T-Day. Eat a lot of pie...it will help. I promise! :)

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Happy Thanksgiving indeed. Finally, something that will put my *** to sleep (major sleeping problems most of the time, but turkey seems to usually do the trick. :D). Hope the holidays are good to you, and I hope every one of you (dorks) gain another 10 pounds.

I was going to write something else, but I can't remember what it was. INstead, I suppose I will just keep rambling on and on to fill this empty space.

Yes, I think that'll do. Happy Holidays. :D

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Happy Thanksgiving! Of course we're family! You know that we're all here whenever you need us, and if anything, we'll all be on even more over the holidays! When we're not eating, of course. :D

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
no way sweetie, you are strong enough on your own! I can't even speell spael spil SPELL ;) 1/2 the time. I'll cheer you on ...now go!!!

I knew it!

Dork.

Okay. I had another funny at Walmart this afternoon.

This old woman had her husband drop her in the front because it was windy out. As I walked up with my daughter I noticed that she could barely hold the door open because the wind was pushing on the door, then I noticed her wig. I just knew if I didn't help her I would be chasing a tumble wig down the Walmart parking lot (not a pretty scene). She had one hand on her head the other one on the door and couldn't get her footing. I waited for her husband to at least shove her out with his foot, but no, senior Romeo just sat there as she struggled. So I went over and asked her if I could hold the door and she said she would hold her wig and together we could get her in the store. She laughed as she held onto her head and thanked me for helping her.

True story

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I knew it!

Dork.

Okay. I had another funny at Walmart this afternoon.

This old woman had her husband drop her in the front because it was windy out. As I walked up with my daughter I noticed that she could barely hold the door open because the wind was pushing on the door, then I noticed her wig. I just knew if I didn't help her I would be chasing a tumble wig down the Walmart parking lot (not a pretty scene). She had one hand on her head the other one on the door and couldn't get her footing. I waited for her husband to at least shove her out with his foot, but no, senior Romeo just sat there as she struggled. So I went over and asked her if I could hold the door and she said she would hold her wig and together we could get her in the store. She laughed as she held onto her head and thanked me for helping her.

True story
NOOOOO way!!! Need a fresh pair of panties again!!! Rednecks Guide To Shopping @ Walmarts...just a title sugg, I'll come back for more right now Im running over to Walmart for some new panties!:ROFL: :ROFL: :roll:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
Guinea pig poop and "extra spices"

*jots down two more justifications for being childless*

You can have my kids for a weekend! They make perfect birth control.

I took them to the hot tub at the end of last summer and there were these collage students in there having a great time. I figured, what the heck, I'll only stay for a half hour and let them get back to their party. I even asked them to stop cussing until leave (my kids). After my son's third cannon ball and my daughter's fifth summer salt and twelve rolled eyes I said, "They make good birth control, huh?" The students couldn't help but less than volunteer their answers of, "They sure do!" and their laughter could be heard for 100's of yards. I called out a two minute warning and got ready to go with all three kids crying and protesting for almost minutes until we left. After the laughter died down and the mood turned into more of something more irritating, we finally left.

I love it and don't feel sorry for people who are annoyed at my children. At least they don't have to go home with them.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, Terri & all

Roses are red
Violets are too.
Hope your Thanksgiving
Great thru & thru!

Luvya, hugs and enjoy the turkey and tirmmings & :Cake:

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
You can have my kids for a weekend! They make perfect birth control.

I took them to the hot tub at the end of last summer and there were these collage students in there having a great time. I figured, what the heck, I'll only stay for a half hour and let them get back to their party. I even asked them to stop cussing until leave (my kids). After my son's third cannon ball and my daughter's fifth summer salt and twelve rolled eyes I said, "They make good birth control, huh?" The students couldn't help but less than volunteer their answers of, "They sure do!" and their laughter could be heard for 100's of yards. I called out a two minute warning and got ready to go with all three kids crying and protesting for almost minutes until we left. After the laughter died down and the mood turned into more of something more irritating, we finally left.

I love it and don't feel sorry for people who are annoyed at my children. At least they don't have to go home with them.

I totally agree, when I go shopping with my kids and they start acting like little ding-dongs and throwing a fit if they dont get what they want I just say "If you're gonna act like that I'm leaving you here" and I walk away, no big deal, no fighting...and all that. People always look at me like "oh my what bad kids" I just look back and say "what? your kids were perfect?" whatever...get back to your discounted pie lady. Theres NO kid friendly place anywhere so get used to it!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
NOOOOO way!!! Need a fresh pair of panties again!!! Rednecks Guide To Shopping @ Walmarts...just a title sugg, I'll come back for more right now Im running over to Walmart for some new panties!:ROFL: :ROFL: :roll:

Oh, that's priceless. I'm going to write that down.

I need to brain storm on how I can get mass stories to put together for this. Hmm...

I'm glad I can make you laugh.