Supersizing (the movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJ and G

A buddy of mine has decided to make his own film. He got the idea from the film, Supersizing, which involves a 30-day McDonald's binge. He considered writing a screenplay but realized that he could be much more in control of things by not only writing the script but being his own director/producer etc etc.

The question I pose is this. Do you think these do-it-yourselfer type films are the wave of the future, bypassing the Hollywood establishment?

All that you need now is a computer and video camera and you can produce your own films.

In the world of news, bloggers are becoming an ever-increasingly important source of news. Can do-it-yourselfer movie gurus be far behind?

AstralisLux

If you have a compelling story and a gift for marketing and networking, then yes, you can.

Writing Again

I have no idea if you can or not, but if I could get enough people interested in trying, I would go for it just for the sheer fun of doing it.

dchapma123

"All that you need now is a computer and video camera and you can produce your own films."

I can assure you, you need a hell of a lot more than that. How much more depends on how professional you want the finished product to be.

Making films on a non-existent budget, though, can be a lot of fun. I would never discourage anyone from doing it.

AstralisLux

Morgan Spurlock had a lot of initiative and studied directing. My good friend went to school with him in West Virginia and I remember a couple of years ago he was talking about his friend who was crazy who had a show on MTV. Then, the next he heard about him was Supersize Me. He said he always wanted attention. He got it. BTW, it's a great movie/documentary and he deserves the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.