William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
how might the quality of life for palestinians, the israel/palestinian conflict and the middle east be different had the palestinian people not been robbed blind by a avaricious thug?

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NA...0&call_pageid=1020420665036&col=1112188062620

A scavenger hunt; Yasser Arafat has been dead two years. But some won't mourn his passing. Of the $7 billion pumped into the Palestinian Authority's coffers during his rule, half went missing. A cast of unlikely characters has trodden the money trail.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
What has become known in the Hebrew press as the "Ginnosar Affair" --named after one of Arafat's Israeli business partners, Yossi Ginnosar -- sent shock waves through the Jewish state and Zionist diaspora. It wasn't just the enormity of the sums these erstwhile enemies were embezzling together while the peace process tanked. The alleged involvement of some senior members of the American Jewish peace camp in Arafat's corruption also cast a shadow on their efforts to help broker peace.

Take Stephen P. Cohen, a prominent Jewish freelance diplomat who spent much of the '90s jet-setting between Israel and Arab capitals, often backed by Slimfast diet tycoon S. Daniel Abraham. A seasoned Israeli investigative journalist accused him in 2002 of having profited from business dealings with Ginnosar and Arafat. No evidence was offered to suggest that Cohen had behaved unlawfully -- nor does he appear to have been as deeply involved with Arafat as Israel's Ginnosar, let alone PLO bagman Mohammed Rashid

Which merely confirms my suspicion that powerful elements on both sides of this conflict do not want a resolution, for the same reason our two political parties thrive on controversy and 50/50 elections: in the absence of fear, the money dries up.

greglondon

Planet Wookie techno geek
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
Website
www.greglondon.com

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Which merely confirms my suspicion that powerful elements on both sides of this conflict do not want a resolution, for the same reason our two political parties thrive on controversy and 50/50 elections: in the absence of fear, the money dries up.

Meh, there's kind of a difference between partisan rancor and political name-calling and letting your country descend into a cesspit (or rather, not rise above already being a cesspit).

In regard to OP, this is one where BillyThrilly's right -- had Arafat been a Gandhi, things would be awful different there now.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
TheGaffer said:
Meh, there's kind of a difference between partisan rancor and political name-calling and letting your country descend into a cesspit (or rather, not rise above already being a cesspit).

In regard to OP, this is one where BillyThrilly's right -- had Arafat been a Gandhi, things would be awful different there now.

DOGBERT
My hope is that someday there are no more weapons and the world lives in peace

DILBERT
What a wonderful idea

DOGBERT
Because then I could conquer the whole stupid planet with a butter knife.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
DOGBERT
My hope is that someday there are no more weapons and the world lives in peace

DILBERT
What a wonderful idea

DOGBERT
Because then I could conquer the whole stupid planet with a butter knife.

Well that little scrawny fvcker Kingsley or Ghandi or whatever sure screwed us Brits up with his underhand non -violent tactics. Come out and fight like a man!

Status
Not open for further replies.