PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Agents

RoccoMom
11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
What agents rep Paranormal mystery/romance or urban fantasies? It's a new genre i'm trying my hand at.

ORION
11-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Ask on agent.com or check out amazon

triceretops
11-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Well, I do know that Rachel Vater eats up that genre--it's one of her favorites, if not her all time favorite. It's a totally hot genre right now.

Tri

waylander
11-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Kristin Nelson would be another to try

clara bow
11-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Toni, I just PM'd you a list I've culled over the past six months (sans agency, sorry. I was lazy and just cut and pasted from my Excel sheet).

Double check for current-ness on their web sites, but these should give you a start.

Here's the crappily formatted list for anyone else who's interested. I got rejections from most but gained two full requests and multiple partials.

Roberta Brown
Julie CulverMaura KyeMiriam KrissAgnes BirnbaumJane CheliusJim McCarthy (Dystel & Goderich)

Pamela HopkinsMarta JustakEmily Sylvan KimMeg RuleyLynn SeligmanWendy ShermanLucienne DiverPamela Dean StricklerCarolyn GraysonJenny RappaportEvan MarshallRicia MainhardtVivian BeckScott EaganElaine EnglishLaura Blake PetersonRoberta BrownJenny RappaportMaura KyeMiriam Krissjim mcarthyJane CheliusPamela HopkinsEmily Sylvan KimMeg RuleyLynn SeligmanWendy ShermanLucienne DiverPamela Dean StricklerCarolyn GraysonEvan MarshallCori DeyoeMarlene StringerAttn: Jessica FaustKaren SolemDanielle Egan-MillerMr. Ethan EllenbergEvan FogelmanJennifer JacksonElaine SpencerManuscript CoordinatorNatasha KernSteve AxelrodGail FortuneMerrilee HeifetzClaudia CrossRachel VaterKimberly WhalenNancy YostKristin NelsonScott EaganRicia MainhardtJulie CulverElaine Englishginger clarkGail HochmanLaura Blake Petersonellen pepus

clara bow
11-18-2006, 02:06 AM
anyone cross-eyed yet? lol!

waylander
11-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Ricia Mainhardt does not seem to be currently operating [unless you know more than me]

clara bow
11-18-2006, 04:57 AM
i think you're right, waylander.

Also, I should have noted that the agent at Wendy Sherman Associates who requested a partial of my PR is Michelle Brower. Seems like she's new and is building her list.

JerseyGirl1962
11-20-2006, 06:01 PM
i think you're right, waylander.

Also, I should have noted that the agent at Wendy Sherman Associates who requested a partial of my PR is Michelle Brower. Seems like she's new and is building her list.

FYI, WSA doesn't do genre fiction, apparently (culled from their website):

"What we are not looking for includes genre fiction such as category romance, mystery, fantasy and science fiction. We do not handle children's books. We do not handle screenplays."

~Nancy

HorrorWriter
11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Toni,
Try agentquery.com. Just click on horror or fantasy. Try Ginger Clark and Chris Lotts. Good luck! ;)

clara bow
11-20-2006, 09:06 PM
FYI, WSA doesn't do genre fiction, apparently (culled from their website):

"What we are not looking for includes genre fiction such as category romance, mystery, fantasy and science fiction. We do not handle children's books. We do not handle screenplays."

~Nancy

go figure, huh? the agent who requested the full of same 'script has *nothing* about paranormal on the web site bio of him. it's only because i read the agency blog that i discovered he might be interested. i'm beginning to understand more and more the need to 'query widely,' as Her Snarkness always says.