Cozy Mystery Agents

SuzelBondi

So just for discussion sake, who do you consider the best or most active or interested agents for new cozy mysteries? Some agents really seem to scorn them!

Any comments or discussion welcome.

Sincerely,

Suzel Bondi

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about best, but for the interested ones a quick highlight through "Writer's Marketplace" listed dozens of agents who specifically read Cozy Mysteries. I've bookmarked them for when I'm ready to submit.

MFM

mysterygrl

Registered
Reaction score
BookEnds. They sell a TON of cozies. Jacky Sach used to be an editor at Berkley. They have an excellent website and blog. Sorry, I don't have the links handy--just Google BookEnds Literary Agency. I know several writers repped by them and they're very happy.

Linda Adams

Soldier, Storyteller
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linda-adams.com
Do some research. One of the things I did was use the Writer's Market to come up with a list of names of agents who represented a particular genre. Then I looked at their Web sites for clients they represented that I had read. Sometimes I found the agent's name in the acknowledgements of the book, but most often it was straight off the agent's Web site.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I heartily second BookEnds. They are seriously nice women, who (in my experience) gave me some very helpful advice. BookEnds is in my top ten for my next go-around of queries.

To search further afield you might try agentquery and search by genre, or spring for a Publishers Marketplace subscription which runs at $20 per month. There you can run a search and find out which agents represent which authors.

SuzelBondi

I have been doing lots of research (mostly directly via searches, agentquery.com, etc. and was looking to find the "story behind the story" on the names that are coming up!!

Are "Writer's Marketplace" and "Writer's Market" the same thing? Are they books or sites?