Fashion trends that must die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret

Opinionated curmudgeon
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
-Shaved heads. I know, it's supposed to look "scary" but now that there 's a stampede of bald headed guys running around, its lost its punch.

-Goatees. Esp when combined with a shaved head. I'm sure the original intent was to appear like a demonic mental patient and alarm people but now that its being sported by hordes of non "conformists," it just looks faddish.

Tattooes. These always looked best on marines, felons, carnies. And if having the word "strength" written somewhere on your body is really important, write it in english, not Japanese.

Piercing your face. Unless you use a nail gun, then I'll be impressed.

Clothing with flames on it. Its an epidemic of bad and cheesey taste. If you own more than one article of clothing with flames (or skulls) on it, seek help.

Pro Sport team wear. Are you really going out in public wearing team jersey with some millionaire ball player's name written across your shoulders?

Baseball caps.Unless you are playing baseball, its one of the worst choices you can make. (my wife's ex had a "dress" ball cap made of leather. ha ha ha ha)

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-embarassed.gif

I have 2 tattoos

BUT they're cute! lol

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
- walking upright. it's so arrogant.
- bathing. yeah, we smell your fresh, dewey scent. we get it.
- shoes. does clicking across a tile floor really make you feel better about yourself?
- jewelry. oooh, look at all the shiny diamonds. how many africans had to die for you to glimmer?

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Guys wearing PINK.

Ok, if they want to. But in my opinion it should die.

Now, I'm a girl that at several points of her life had her hair shaved. And I love it. And I wear baseball caps sometimes, with the NY sign. And I love that too.
I was thinking about getting my eyebrow pierced, I haven't yet, not sure it would go well.
And if ever I find something that is so significant I'd like to make a tattoo out of it I will too. ;)

Oh my, I should probably go die right?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only for the NY sign, FS. You need a big red B on that cap.

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Where I live right now there are way too many teens walking around with black hair with one big pink stripe in it and pants full of chains with long black coats....how could their parents let them leave the house like that??

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Bret said:
Baseball caps.Unless you are playing baseball, its one of the worst choices you can make. (my wife's ex had a "dress" ball cap made of leather. ha ha ha ha)

You know, I don't mind them so much if they're worn properly, but turning them around backwards and then squinting in the sun should send out the signal, "My genes are somewhat flawed; maybe you should find someone else to sire your children."

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
SC Harrison said:
You know, I don't mind them so much if they're worn properly, but turning them around backwards and then squinting in the sun should send out the signal, "My genes are somewhat flawed; maybe you should find someone else to sire your children."

However, leather caps should be banned. Backwards, sideways, squinting or otherwise a leather baseball cap is bad news.

Os.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
just take a look at spork:

douchebag5blij8.jpg

LOCK THREAD

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
MizzACEE said:
Where I live right now there are way too many teens walking around with black hair with one big pink stripe in it and pants full of chains with long black coats....how could their parents let them leave the house like that??

Because the mean little snits drugged our scotch and duct tape us to the water heater in the basement. That's why.

Seriously:
THONGS: How many times do I have to tell you you look stoopid with a beach shoe crammed up your..............................

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Seriously:
THONGS: How many times do I have to tell you you look stoopid with a beach shoe crammed up your..............................

bite your tongue.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I have a tattoo and hubby has 6. He also has a goatee. A really long goatee. It measures about 8 or 9 inches. I guess it's only a fad if you look at it as a fashion statement. The last thing on hubby's mind is fashion. His tattoos all mean something. One is for his beloved cousin Marilyn who was killed in a car accident 2 weeks after graduating high school. One is for his mom. So on and so on. Also, with his Native American bloodline, he doesn't grow any facial hair on his cheeks at all. He can grow one heck of a goat-beard, though!

I do get the idea that some fashion statements should die, though. Just yesterday in the office one girl was wearing a 50's style circle skirt, spike heels and leg warmers. That....I just don't get.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
MizzACEE said:

Maybe their parents are thankful they ARE out of the house?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
MajorDrums said:
skinny jeans and leggings.

That's so funny. I see it everywhere now. I used to wear that ensemble in high school. WAY back in the 80's. Jeans were never skinny enough. Mom and I would "peg" the legs of all my jeans. She said that SHE used to do that when she was a teenager. We'd get out her sewing machine and seam them up until they were as tight around the legs as pantyhose! I had to do that, you see. Otherwise they would never have fit down inside my cowboy boots!

It really cracks me up to see what hangs on the racks in stores lately. I should have saved all my clothes from high school. They'd be worth a mint now!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
A good tattoo will never go out of style.

And shaved bald is way better than that combover thingie that some guys do when they start to lose their hair.

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
LloydBrown said:
Miniature dogs used as accessories.

Oh, i think it's moved on to rug rats as accessories now. The dogs all probably got humanely killed. When the next fad moves in then the unwanted ankle biters will be drowned in rain buckets.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now my feelings are all hurt. You don't think my son looks good?

piercingfreakqy9.jpg

Maryn, who does think the white scarf is a bit much

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I violate everything except the flaming shirts & baseball caps. But I'm cute, so I get a free pass...

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
This new resurgence of the stretchy pants..omg i hated it the first time!

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
The boys who wear their pants around their knees and give us a full view of their underaged, boxer clad asses..

Status
Not open for further replies.