Mistakes in Song

MajorDrums

Kidnapper
Registered
Reaction score
So I was listening to this song by Black Eyed Peas' singer Fergie called "Fergilicious," and rapper Will.I.Am misspells the word tasty. He spells it "T-A-S-T-E-Y." Or, "T, to the A, to the S-T-E-Y, girl, you tasty!" I guess he was trying to stay within the flow of the music, but it could not have been that hard to stay on beat and spell a word correctly! I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened...can you think of any other songs that have mistakes in them?

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that particular song, but it brings to mind that many mistakes are intentional in songs or jokes.

I recall a conversation I had with my best friend's Father one time:

"I'm tired," he commented, "T - I - R - D, tired."
"You mean t - i - r - E - d, tired." I corrected him.
"That's right. I am very tired, T - I - R - D, tired."
"Tired has an 'E' in it!" I yelled at him.
"That may be true, but I am sh!t tired, T - I - R - D, tired."

rt

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
rtilryarms said:
I'm not familiar with that particular song, but it brings to mind that many mistakes are intentional in songs or jokes.

I recall a conversation I had with my best friend's Father one time:

"I'm tired," he commented, "T - I - R - D, tired."
"You mean t - i - r - E - d, tired." I corrected him.
"That's right. I am very tired, T - I - R - D, tired."
"Tired has an 'E' in it!" I yelled at him.
"That may be true, but I am sh!t tired, T - I - R - D, tired."

rt

:ROFL:

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I started a song once "it's the B to the double-A G" back when everyone was spelling things in songs. Sadly, I guess it's coming back.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I made one in a song (way more actually, but...). The line was "sixty feet a secon like a fastball" where I just assumed that home plate is 60 feet from the mound and the ball takes a second to get there right? Later I calculated it and that's like 40 mph. it wouldn't even get over the plate. After that I filled the same album with similar mistakes as a joke.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The new movie with Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness, spells Happiness after a sign the Author saw at a Daycare his son attended.
I find that Lit and Musical Artists give great thought to get their messages across and I bet there is a story behind tastey.

SylviaDiamandez

Tom Sanders
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
mistakes in song

For classic rock fans: on both the 45 rpm disc and vinyl album, the title of Brownsville Station's first hit is spelled "Smokin' In The Boy's Room." The apostrophe in "boys" is in the wrong place. The mistake has gone uncorrected since 1973.

Where a mistake could have been made, it wasn't, in the Sam Cooke song "Chain Gang." The lyrics briefly assume the POV of one of the gang members. He says ". . . see my woman, whom I love so dear." I always thought it interesting that a chain gang captive would know when to correctly use "whom" in place of "who."

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Artistic license keeps things interesting and playful.

MajorDrums

Kidnapper
Registered
Reaction score
rtilryarms said:
The new movie with Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness, spells Happiness after a sign the Author saw at a Daycare his son attended.
I find that Lit and Musical Artists give great thought to get their messages across and I bet there is a story behind tastey.

you may have a point there. he spelled "delicious" flawlessly in the song. hmmm...