6 hours in Seoul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
This seemed to me the best place to post but if it isn't, Mods, please feel free to repost the question in the correct slot.

My direct flight home to NZ for Christmas has been cancelled. I now have to fly via Korea. I land in Seoul at 5.35 p.m. and leave at 11.05 p.m. Even allowing for all the fuss of immigration and customs I'll still have officially six, maybe actually only four hours to kill. I don't know Seoul at all. Is it easy to get a tour of the city in the evening or is it better to get a taxi and tour around? I'd like to see one of the temples or the major historic buildings.

Any helpful suggestions welcomed. I hate spending all that time at an airport.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it too late? When are you leaving?

I haven't been there in a long time but you could pay a taxi driver to take you around for a couple of hours. Just make sure you get back to the airport in time.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I spent several months in South Korea, some of it in Seoul, but that was years ago. I'm not sure if you can get too far out of the airport and see enough in a few hours to risk leaving the airport. I'd say find a taxi driver like Unique suggested and find somewhere within 1/2 hour drive back to the airport. There's lots to see, but with such little time to spare it may not be worth the risk of missing your flight home.

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for that.

Yes, it seems like a taxi might be the best bet if only the airport weren't so far out.

And if it were a day time stop it wouldn't be so bad as there are regualr bus trips round the city just for quick in and out passengers like me.

It's the evening that's so difficult and I hate airports.

Thanks again.

electric.avenue

Registered
Reaction score
At that time it will be dark, and I think that by then the major tourist attractions will be closed.

If your flight gets in at 5.35 pm, you probably won't be able to get out of the airport until well after six, and then you would need to be back by about 9.30.

To be honest, I don't think you have enough time to go sightseeing, or really do much. If it were me I would just stay in the airport - the time goes faster than you think!

lmcguire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmcguireonline.com
Don't know if you've considered this or not, but does S. Korea require a visa and if so, do you have one? I've travelled through any number of countries, and for some (S. Yemen and Cyprus, for example), we couldn't leave the airport because we didn't have visas (others (e.g. all the European countries I visited) didn't require a visa)...

Just a thought.

Liz

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Yup!

All correct visas in passport.

I just hoped for a break and something stimulating for 6 hours as I'm then faced with another 12 hours or so on the darned plane home to NZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.