KILL PILL

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanx all for the time u took to help me out!!

Last edited:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rap isn't really my fortay but this is every bit as good as the other ones i have heard. It's got a good beat and the repetition is consistant.

The subject is urban confusion / frustration related so it goes well with mainstream Rap culture.

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response - For some reason I thought I replied to you... Thank you very much for your encouragement rtilryarms

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I guess I would be the most qualified person to comment on this one. My husband and I both own and run websites for rappers. Although it's not my fave choice of music I know a lot about it by having friends in the industry (I'll keep names out of it lol) Anyway... I think your lyrics are good and the point you are making in the song came out well. This is what we would call a non-radio song. By that I mean it would never make it on the radio, it would make an album, but radio now seems to just play something you would hear in a club, you know? Unfortunatly the rap music industry has changed A LOT in the past few years and where "political" rap used to be very popular, it's now taken a back seat to "pop-rap". People hate when I say rap is pop now, but thats a whole new topic lol. I would have ended the song differently... it seems like there should be another ending line there...? I think its good though.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
You know, even though I write rap songs I don't know if I can comment because my style is so different from this. Works, but it doesn't seem long enough to me for some reason.

MizzACEE is right about it not being radio friendly though. Tip: just talk about how much money you have, being in the club, trying to get sex from indiscriminate strangers, sippin' Henny and how big your rims are. Twenties aren't enough to impress any more either. I like this idea better though.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did I really spell forte "forte"?
(I sure hope my writing buds from the other forums of AW don't read that.)

MizzACEE, I don't follow Rap or Hip Hop despite the fact that my son went through that phase - until I taught him guitar and now his favorite music is vintage Beatles (clever Father eh?).

What popular song would you identify as pop-rap? Is that like the rock/R&B/slow-rap music whch combines music with verse, like the latest remix of the Fiddler On the Roof theme, "If I Were a Rich Girl"?

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
When I read that I thought of something ignorant like "Chain Hang Low" or something. Maybe I'm wrong though.