Conan O'Brien is So Annoying During his Monologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
IMO...All his spinning around and weird faces and noises and dances in between what are pretty good jokes.

It's not funny, Conan. Stop it.

It's annoying and you better cut it out before you take over the Tonight Show in 2056.

But at least you have jokes unlike, and some of us have talked about this before, the atrociously unfunny Craig Ferguson stream of consciousness not remotely funny on any level monologue.

Jimmy Kimmel is pretty good.

Jay Leno is unwatchable.

David Letterman is still the king.

letterman-731797.jpg

What say you?

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you on Conan's overall weirdness inbetween his jokes. I always get the feeling he didn't write enough jokes before the show and he's doing all this crap just to kill time.

But, personally, I find Leno to be funnier than Letterman.

And I like Fergie, but Kimmel is the man.

Reaction score
I'm starting to really like Kimmel.

He gives me hope that I'll have someone to watch after Letterman walks off into the sunset.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
He has less time than that, Billy. Leno's already announced he's on his last contract. Conan becomes king in 2010.

Reaction score
dclary said:
He has less time than that, Billy. Leno's already announced he's on his last contract. Conan becomes king in 2010.

Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic about the 2056 beccause of how early they announced that Conan was taking over.

That was funny to me.

"Conan is taking over the tonight show......In 2009!!!"
NBC Exec in like 2003 or 2004?

But yes, he's running out of time to eliminate the still apparent awkwardness of him not really being a performer.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Maybe he could hire Matt Groenig to animate every episode?

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
How dare you! The only reason I will watch late late night TV is for Conan, and his monologue. Leno is unwatchable but Letterman is not that much better. I have never seen, nor care to see Kimmel, and that guy Ferguson has too much stupid noise jokes.

Anyway, Conan controls the 18-30 demographic, of which I am just about in the middle. We will defend Conan to our last breath. . .

Reaction score
WerenCole said:
How dare you! The only reason I will watch late late night TV is for Conan, and his monologue. Leno is unwatchable but Letterman is not that much better.

We're all wired differently.

Some people enjoy the American icon and quick wit and intelligent humor of David Letterman and some people enjoy the awkwardness of a Conan O'Brien spinning around and doing weird things with his arms and looking like a goon and awkward silences when he finishes up forcing his attempt at some type of humor that isn't funny. And he and Max really have chemistry as well.

To each his own.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
See. To each their own late night. Now the only reason I have to be up that late at night is to read or write.
(Because I don't have a life,and the men in the black suits are out to get me.)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I value sleep far too much to watch late-night television. Before children drained every ounce of life from my body, I used to quite like Letterman. That little bald musical guy (whose name excapes me) is great.

Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Actually, I prefer Conan and his antics to any of the late night hosts.

I like Conan. He's a decent interviewer, a nice guy and the shows PREPARED comedy is still top notch.

But during that monologue or whenever he gets uncomfortable even within an interview and he goes to forced comedy, it's embaressing.

I ask everyone to watch tonight/Thurs/Fri and we can talk about the exact moments of awfulness.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I've never liked Conan O'Brien. He looks like he smells funny. Like the weird kid in class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.