Not open for further replies.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I never cease to be amazed at the levels and diversity of talent we have here on AW. Novelists, poets, screenwriters, humorists, short story tellers, horror writers... you name it, we've got it.

Including photographers.

And since it's true that a picture is worth a thousand words, you're going to see some beautiful tales right here:

Jean Marie, a great writer in both words and images, is donating these pictures to help Absolute Write - and that's all of us! These were taken in Connecticut by Jean Marie and every single one of them is absolutely beautiful. If you've got a friend or relative who likes nature scenes, any one of them would make a wonderful gift. They're available in 4"x6", 5"x7", or 8"x10".

This auction will run from now until Friday evening at 8pm, CDT. Starting bid will be $10.

Don't be shy... come on down, have a bit of fun and take home a pretty picture to help your favorite hangout!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Which photo are you bidding on, Tot?

When the auction is over, the winner can click on the button in my sig and pay through PayPal, or I can give you the address to mail a check if you prefer.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
Which photo are you bidding on, Tot?

When the auction is over, the winner can click on the button in my sig and pay through PayPal, or I can give you the address to mail a check if you prefer.
I like the Leaf in Ice.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
That IS a pretty one. I'm like you - I like 'em all, too. An 8"x10" of that one, with a mat in an 11"x14" or larger frame, would be outstanding. If you have a Hobby Lobby or similar craft store around close that does framing, you can find some really cool old barnwood frames that would look great.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I had to stop by here for a minute to catch my breath. Writerterri is beating me up something awful over in Auction #5.

Jean, your pictures are excellent. I'm in for twenty-five also for the Frozen Image.

If I end up with the highest bid, can you sign and date the back of the photo? Also, it would be great if you could include the location where the shot was taken.

Thanks for offering the pictures for sale!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I thought Train bid on Leaf in Ice. If so, does that mean she raised her own bid?;)

By the way, Train, I love how your avatar went from a cartoon to a REAL bear!

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Sorry, I thought Silver_King wanted the same picture. Nice! Should I pay now?

And thanks Silver_King regarding my avatar. Yeah, I had to stick Brian Urlacher in there for a while.

Forget it, I already paid.

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How much is right for three in 5X7 size? I want to have them framed as a collection together: The Pine, the vine and the leaf in the ice. They belong as a winter unit in my mind. Is $50 fair for three?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:D My husband loves nature photography. But he's out of town, so he won't know until it's a done deal. I'll paypal tonight. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Sounds like a good Christmas gift, to me! ;) Send a copy of your receipt to:

jdahl at cox dot net

When I receive it, I'll let Jean Marie know and you and she can make the arrangements for the transfer. Thanks so much!!!

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Silver King said:
I had to stop by here for a minute to catch my breath. Writerterri is beating me up something awful over in Auction #5.

Jean, your pictures are excellent. I'm in for twenty-five also for the Frozen Image.

If I end up with the highest bid, can you sign and date the back of the photo? Also, it would be great if you could include the location where the shot was taken.

Thanks for offering the pictures for sale!
Sorry I wasn't around last night. Icing my shoulder, I was. Recent rotator cuff surgery.

Thanks very much for the compliment :D

Matter of fact, thanks to all of you :D

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Ladies and gentlemen, Auction #6 has ended with three winning bidders:

SoccerMom, TrainofThought and Silver King.

Make your payments through PayPal, if you haven't already, and send me copies of your receipt. (SoccerMom, I've gotten yours.) As soon as I've got the copies, I'll let Jean Marie know and ya'll can contact her to make arrangements for the delivery of you pictures.

Thanks so much, ya'll, for your participation! Enjoy your photos!

And a special 'thank you' to the donation of the photos themselves from Jean Marie (Kola helped!) (((hugs)))

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
You're entirely welcome, OFG and Kola enjoyed participating, too :D

One of the photos I sent was of Kola when he was a tiny tot--his first snow. She didn't post it, though. 'Twas very cute.

I wanted to do what I could to help out AW and this seemed to be the best way.

A big thank you to SC, SK and TOT for buying my photos. I'm honored.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I received the print, Frozen Image, and I couldn't be happier. It's a wonderful shot of white water frozen against black rock that gives the impression of strength and motion stopped in time. There's a seasonal quality to the photo that promises eventual thawing; but the lasting effect is one of granite and ice, married in a winter that overlaps their position and brings them to a standstill by the shore, white on black.

Thanks again for the picture, Jean Marie.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got mine and they look great. As soon as it decides to stop sleeting in Fort Worth, I'm taking them to be matted and framed. :) And my husband has permission to check the mail again. :D I forbid him to look in the mailbox for the last several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.