I Passed the test! There must be some mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I'm hoping to get into a new program at the college down the road, and believe it or not, I didn't have any ACT test scores on file. (I'm assuming the covered wagon delivering the scores was attacked by Indians.) Anyway, I had to sign up to take one, and so in October, I found myself sitting in a huge room with soon-to-be high school graduates.

The ACT test was horrible, hard. Not the reading or English, mind you - but the math and science. I'm sorry, but those sections should be outlawed. It's unfair to expect anyone to know that useless crap.

They should have a math section for students planning to work for NASA, and another one for the rest of us.

So, I needed these ACT test scores yesterday. But since they were only releasing them today, I had to take a TABE test at the college yesterday. The reading was a breeze, almost insulting in some places. I didn't think the math was THAT hard, certainly not as hard as the math in ACT was.

Imagine my surprise when I got a perfect score on the reading, but flunked the math. I barely flunked it, but still ...............

I was crushed. I had to sign up to re-take the math part this Friday. Not good, because the program I want to get into at the college is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Plus, I hate studying fractions and algebra, and figured I'd just flunk again on Friday.

(Every single other person taking that TABE test yesterday flunked it. Every single person.)

Imagine my shock and utter surprise when today I got my ACT test scores back - and I passed the math! I needed a 16, and I got a 17. On the reading, I got a 33, English was 28, and science 20. My composite score is 25.

All I can say is, "thanks for my late father for helping me pass the math part!"

Either that, or the scores are wrong. Either way, I was able to submit my packet to the college, and hopefully, I'll get in the program. Even if I don't - it helps my self-esteem to know that I am a genius.

:)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
That's really great -
Congrats to you!!!

That's super and hope you make it into the college you want to go to!

:Cake: :popcorn: :Cake: :banana: :hooray: :TheWave: :PartySmil: :partyguy: more :Cake:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Pam, you totally rock!!! That is freakin awesome!!! Many congratulations to you!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
That's good news? Really, it is. Congrats! Now can you come over and add up my loose change for me.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
WooHoo! Awesome, Pam! I hate tests. Hate them, hate them, HATE them! That's the biggest thing keeping me from going back to college. I hate tests. I'll study all night long, but I never want to take a test again.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
That's great. I made a 25 on the ACT in high school (my score would have been higher, too, except for the math and science part of it), but I doubt I would even score that high now. I know I couldn't pass the math portion. So, way to go.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's great. I shudder to think of myself trying to go back and take the ACT. *shudders*

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I don't mean to brag, you know, but experience does mean something.

My teenaged daughter's best friend, a junior in high school, is all big on going to Columbia University. She's been to open houses there, and stuff.

Well, for the past several months, I've been thinking she's a little genius. I found today that her ACT score is 119.

She needs to take it again and again to even be able to consider Columbia.

Anyway - I'm just happy that living has earned me some skills that I obviously didn't learn in school.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
And tonight, my husband brought home a dozen roses and a nice bottle of champagne, to celebrate my ACT scores.

Somedays, life is good. :)

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
I scored a 33 overall on my ACT. I'm really good at standardized tests, and I can say for certain that that test is hard as hell. Congrats on doing so well on the reading! It's always satisfying when you read the percentages of your scores versus other students and see that you're in the top 5%.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I'd rather pee in a cup than take the ACT test, that's for sure.

Speaking of which, my husbands boss just fired yesterday. He flunked the pee cup test. He's been with the company 16 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.