Does having a hollywood star help get your screenplay sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty T

Does having a hollywood star attached to your screenplay help it get sold

joecalabre

Re: Does having a hollywood star help get your screenplay so

I depends on the star, but if you mean an A list actor, like Julia Roberts, George Clooney or Tom Cruise, then you answer is YES it would help. Also, many of these stars have their own prod. companies and are actively seeking material.

But if you mean a character actor that is known but not what is considered a "bankable" actor, then it helps but not nearly as much.

Of course, there are no guarantees in this world. Having Julia Roberts attached to your script doesn't automatically get it greenlighted but it will be a bog advantage over a script that doesn't have anybody signed on to it.

kojled

tyt

yes. have anyone 'attached' will help. having an a list player attached will help the most.

zilla

SimonSays

Re: Does having a hollywood star help get your screenplay

Ty -

Do you have access to a star?

Ty T

One is reading it right now

Well, I relatively high billed actor is reading it just now. Their agent requested that I submit it to them via email.

Ty T

What I'm hoping is that if he likes it and is interested in playing the part I suggested for him. He is obviousley going to have alot more contacts with studios and producers than me so he could hopefully help me get it sold

Status
Not open for further replies.