Ghostwriting contract

duse

Registered
Reaction score
It was suggested, based on a question I posted in another (possibly incorrect) Forum, that I bring myself and my questions to THIS thread. So, here I am.

I've been asked by a friend of mine to co-write a diet/fitness book he's working on. He has the on-going interest and encouragement of a big agent at a powerhouse agency, tons of support from "names" in the diet/fitness Industry and, I might say, a fascinating concept backed by years of hands-on experience with clients. The only thing he doesn't have is the narrative, "we're having a conversation" writing style or ability needed for this type of book. So, he's turned to me.

We're currently in the process of working on a sample of what I can do with his material to send to his Agent by the end of this week. Once we get the go-ahead, we'll start working on the Proposal that will go to those Publishing Houses which have already shown an interest.

There were some prices mentioned above as far as the cash usually paid out for this kind of work, but what's the standard percentage of Royalties one often sees? I have no idea and certainly don't want to accept too little or insist on too much.

Any thoughts? The credit, by the way, will be Such and such written by XX and YY.

I appreciate your input.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Actually duse, adding to this thread just put your question at the bottom of another "newbie" introduction. I don't know if a moderator will come and split it off or not.

The place to do it is to start a new thread here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Let me see if I can find a mod. And sorry for the confusion. I know it's difficult to find your way around here in the beginning.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry this is turning out to be such a pain, duse. I PMed two of the moderators a couple of hours ago, but they must be busy or not online. I don't want to bug them. If I were you, I'd give it a little longer and if the doesn't get moved, go here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and click on the NEW THREAD button near the top to start your very own thread.

If you copy your question here before you do that, you should be able to just paste it into the body of the message.

If you need help, let me know. Also - come join us at the castle tonight :)

Last edited: