I don't know what to do with them

Vaxil

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I'm angry, have a funky tune in my head, or just in the mood, I sit down and write a song. Not poetry, a song. SO far it's minimal, maybe 5-6 good ones. There not master peices, but they aren't totally ammeture either. (Scuse my terrible spelling)

I always thought I'd send them in and try to get 'em published, but, I don't have the nesscessary materials. It's not like a book where you send in the manuscript, you actually have to have a vocal recording and such. And I can't sing. Only 'recording' I have is a portable tape recorder. (Like thats going to sound good)

Anyways, since I can't publish them, what should I do with them? I'd put them on the net, but I have this genuine fear someone who does know how do it write will steal it. And I by the lord don't want that to happen!
Is there any alternate ways to get them seen? Or am I out of luck. And is my fear stupid of someone stealing them?

Reaction score
hmmmm...you can't sing and you're not a producer but you have a few good songs....

I'd maybe try and find a singer and a producer in the area on Craigslist and see if you can get them recorded for a minimal fee. I hope you have a little bit of money.

You have to get them into demo form. Even bad demo. But at least listenable.

And then you can contact publishing companies if you want or look on Craigslist for new artists looking for material.

That's the best I got for you.

Good luck.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vax,

There is no better way than to have friends in a band to pick them up and record an in-house demo.

If you are not fortunate enough to know anyone in the business then the fact is you must spend money. Local Music Studios have studio Musicians, usually interns from college, they use to produce decent rendidtions of your songs. The amount spent varies from a few hundred dollars to several thousand. Demo's to send to Agents, contests and Publishers do not have to be expert quality but it never hurts.

just remember that you are in competition with people who have the masterpieces you say you do not. Some of them have plenty of money to spend and still don't make it.
Others spend just a few dollars or happen to be talking to someone at a party and hit the big-time. There are no guarantees if you spend money and there are no set barriers if you do not.

if you are interested in a studio that can turn your songs to Tabs which are used for professional Musicians to play at their sessions, let me know what area you are in and I can help you find legit affiliates.