• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for help about title

Status
Not open for further replies.

milutink

The working title of my script is "Insured and Insecure." I am not a native English-speaking person and can't estimate how does it sound. It's about a man who is life-insured but his life is in a big danger. Is the "Insured and Unsafe" or something like it better? Maybe “Unsafely Insured”? Thanks.

Last edited:

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Without reading the script, it's hard to say. Bear in mind that titles are often changed by publishers.

Based on what you say, I think something simple like "Unsafe" would be fine as a working title.

KiwiChick

Editing like a caffeinated chipmunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asakkalon.com
To me, saying "insecure" implies more that he's overly worried about how other people perceive him, not that he's physically in danger. Hope that helps.

KiwiChick

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
How about:

Worth More Tomorrow

or

Death Insurance Policy

mommyjo2

Bad grammar make me [sic]
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.milehimama.com
Insecure is more emotional, and unsafe is ... boring.

Maybe try some insurance lingo on for size?
Accident Rider
Death and Dismemberment (if the mob is trying to kill him...)
Beneficiary (if his wife is trying to kill him)
Term Life
Death Benefit...

Assuming that the whole life insurance thing is an important part of the script.

JustinThorne

www.justinthorne.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I thought it was life assurance, rather than life insurance... if you are talking about things like Whole-of-life policies etc.

As others have said, it depends on the feel of the script, is it a chick flick, a rom com, an action movie? Something like 'Insured and Insecure' works well for a lighthearted movie, but an action film would suit something like 'Whole of life' or 'Life Assured'.

milutink

A new approach.

Thank you people. Your suggestions are extremely helpful. However, what do you think about a completely different approach like «Double Chase, Triple Catch»? It's about the same script.
Thanks, Milutin.

mizging

Registered
Reaction score
Suggestion

I may be a little late, but I like "Policy for Death" as a title.

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
I like Unsafe Policy, from above. A title occured to me as well, Phantom Security, but I kind of like the former better.

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Rock And A Hard Place

A vision of this poor fellow hanging from Prudential's rock while his hands were being jack-booted came to mind. Down below him is a black widow's web. Hey, I'm still half asleep. What did you expect?

I like your premise alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.