update on the agent and the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinoXV

Basically, the manager is a total idiot and an incompotent. But not to worry. I spoke to the agent, who said he was reading my script during the past weekend. I personally sent my scripts to some companies (one of which I know the development executive).

So anyway, I asked the agent if I hear positive news from any of the companies I submitted to, would he close the deal for me. He said yes. This agent is at a legitimate, WGA, California state licensed agency.

As for the so called "manager" who claimed to have contacts at Lions Gate, I honestly think those contacts are a figment of his imagination. His background is very minor New York indies. When he asked for one of my scripts, I let him have a copy because I don't think it could hurt. Then I got my scripts into the hands of a real rep. So I began questioning him in greater detail. He said he had some wealthy "Hollywood Hills" contacts. So he was a bullshitter. I never really thought much of him to begin with, and that sealed it. So I told him his services are no longer required and that I shan't be working or speaking to him in the future. This way I get to deal only with an agent (10% commission only, thank god).

So all's well that ends well (as the saying goes).

A Pathetic Writer

"Basically, the manager is a total idiot and an incompotent."

This did not surprise me, seeing as he'd offered to represent you.

Optimus Maximus

"Incompotent?"

Does that mean he doesn't mix well with the other "fruits and nuts" in Hollywood?

JustinoXV

your credits would be

APW, I eagerly look forward to seeing the movies whose scripts you've written. I'd go to the theaters or buy the dvd.

As soon as you reveal your true name, and list all credits. I mean, if you're so brilliant, you must be one of those screenwriters written about in variety. You know, one of the ones even nominated for the oscars.:rolleyes

Optimus Maximus

Re: your credits would be

Ooh, he just called you out, Dave.

Hey, Justino...you do realize that "incompetent" is an adjective and not a noun, right?

And, you also realize that a "compote" is a type of fruit salad?

JustinoXV

"fruit salad"

Would a compote include you and APW together in a bowl?:rollin

Optimus Maximus

Re: "fruit salad"

I don't know, dude.

You're the "writer" who can't even spell or use proper grammar or syntax.

You tell me.

:rolleyes

JustinoXV

expert

"You're the "writer" who can't even spell or use proper grammar or syntax."

You're the one who apparently has nothing to do but go over the grammar in my posts.

The grammar one uses in posts in an internet forum has nothing to do with one's ability as a screenwriter.

Likewise, most experts on grammar and syntax are not successful screenwriters, playwrights, fiction writers, songwriters, etc.

So I'll take your comments as a compliment.

Optimus Maximus

Re: expert

Likewise, most experts on grammar and syntax are not successful screenwriters, playwrights, fiction writers, songwriters, etc.
Really?

You'd be surprised how absolutely wrong that statement is.

JustinoXV

Now Opti, I'd love to read some of your books, watch some of your films, watch some of your plays, etc.

So name out all the major productions you've done, and reveal who you are.

If not, you'd do better not to worry about me. Worry about yourself, since according to SimonSays 98% of would be writers are total losers who will never make it anywhere because they don't have that magical talent.

Optimus Maximus

Okay, I should say the reverse.

Most experts in grammar and syntax are not successful commercial writers (they are linguists who engage in mostly scientific writing, a skill in which most would-be screenwriters could never excel).

But, most successful writers have made themselves into quasi-experts in grammar and syntax. That's part of what makes them successful writers.

Your posts and point of view speak volumes, Justino.

Now, leave the big kids alone and go play with your blocks.

*hands Justino a cookie and pats him on the head*

JustinoXV

Again, Opti, I've heard nothing about your own works. I'm still waiting for information.

Are you a produced/published writer, or are you one of the 98% that Simon Says will never make it in a million years, Opti?

Have you ever been paid for any kind of writing?

dpaterso

I'm confused. In this forum and others, whenever newbies asked how best to go about selling their script, the enigma that was JustinoIV leapt into every thread and said get yourself an agent, there is no other way, forget contests, forget queries to prodcos, get an agent, no arguments accepted, get an agent, because JustinoIV had an agent and that's how he got his writing gigs, unquote. Now this same enigma is scrambling to get a manager and then an agent, while also asking pros wherever he encounters them (I seem to remember a begging message to taotropics on Done Deal...) to read his scripts. Butter this with claims of internships, gigs, deals, a long-running absolute refusal to ever use the Devil's tool known as Final Draft -- but wait, now he has been given a free copy of FD by the people he's writing for, they think so highly of him! -- and now hiring and firing managers, and it makes a great bedtime story. My willing suspension of disbelief vanished a long time ago, but I hope the handsome prince makes it to the evil wizard's tower and awakens the beautiful princess from her magic slumber. Of course the first thing he'll ask her is, will she read his script and recommend him to her agent, but that's modern love for you.

-Derek
-----------------------​
My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.

JustinoXV

"Justino, put the crayons down."

From the guy who still watches the Flintstones.

JustinoXV

Derek, looking at your face, I see where you get the inspiration to write horror from. All you need to do is look into the mirror.

With a face like that, the only wife you'll have is the lady from the red light district.

JustinoXV

Ah, well, I'll just say one last thing, Derek. I looked at your face again. You look like Koko the Gorilla. Don't worry, I'll send some bananas to your place.

JustinoXV

My apologies for the degeneration of this thread. But some members, mainly Opti and APW, hold a grudge against me for political debates we've had on Done Deal. Our arguments where over the election among other things. However, these issues and grudges should not be brought up on this board, as most of the people here have nothing to do with our chat squabble there. And I'm posting this on the other thread as well. Again moderators and forumites, my apologies.

JustinoXV

I"m going to say this one time, and make myself clear.

Opti and APW, I don't know anything about you. Nor do I honestly care about you. Frankly, it seems like you have nothing better to do with your lives or your time than follow me around the internet.

At this point, it's getting more than ridiculous. If you have nothing constructive to add to any thread our conversation, simply remain SILENT.

People like you only care about being disruptive. People like you, instead of trying to help the others who you claim to be superior to (everyone on this forum) instead like to spend hours and hours on launching personal assaults.

Why? Does it make you feel better about yourself? If you told anyone in your outsides lives about this, what would they think? Honestly, I think you two need counseling. Speak to your local social worker, psychologist, etc.

Or take anger management classes.

Optimus Maximus

Idiot.

You just totally proved my "Justino is an unbalanced sociopath" theory yet again.

You attacked Derek based on your perception of his looks because you lacked any grounds to attack what he had said about your fictious life.

You then attacked his wife.

You then attacked his looks again.

I mean, damn Justino. When someone comes in here and legitimately bitchslaps you, all you can do is resort to elementary schoolyard insults?

Then, after those two or three uncalled for, vicious posts, you "calm down" and reply to yourself again, apologizing for being a histrionic mental case.

Then you reply YET AGAIN and resume your sociopathic rantings and ravings like the mental case that you are.

Borderline Personality Disorder.

You've got it.

Look into it.

And, you and I have never gotten into a political discussion. My only problems with you on DD and here are your utter lack of real knowledge regarding the movie industry and, especially, your inconsistent and absolutely ludicrous stories of personal success.

You're a liar.

You're a moron.

And, my main problem with you, which got you banned from Done Deal (hence you having to register a new screenname, which...so far...Ujin and the other mods have let you keep on a probationary basis), is that you didn't know the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath. I told you the difference (since, you know, I'm about to be a psychologist and all).

You then argued with me about it.

I then reaffirmed that you were wrong and offered proof.

You then started attacking me personally, threatening to sexually molest my mother, pee on her face, and then you badgered me for my address in FL.

You then threatened to drive to FL to beat me up. Then you said you were gonna find me and stab me.

Then you said you were gonna shoot me and threatened to kill me.

All because you're a moron and didn't know the definition of a word and I corrected you.

Idiot.

You need some serious psychological therapy. You're a textbook sociopath. I'm not kidding.

Seek help, man.

Soon.

JustinoXV

Opti, you're getting entirely off topic and you should have left your problem with me off the board. You and APW were the ones who created the atmosphere on this thread. If I was harsh towards Derek, it was because you and APW had already steered the thread in this direction.

"I mean, damn Justino. When someone comes in here and legitimately bitchslaps you,"

Is this appropriate language on a forum decidated towards learning? Who are you and APW to come in and bitchslap someone?

"You're a moron."

How welcoming you make this forum for beginners coming in to learn about screenwriting. Please tell me how you're helping anywone.

"You then started attacking me personally, threatening to sexually molest my mother, pee on her face, and then you badgered me for my address in FL."

I haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. NOTHING of this nature was ever said by me to you on this forum.

"
You then threatened to drive to FL to beat me up. Then you said you were gonna find me and stab me."

Again, no comments of any personal nature were made to you on this forum. Why'd you bring your dispute with me here? Why follow me around on the internet?

Again, this has gone way off topic for this forum, and my sincerest apologies to Jenna and the moderators that a couple of people angry at me for disputes in a chatroom elsewhere would show up and try to pick fights here.

I won't get into anymore of what was and wasn't said, because frankly, it has absolutely no relevance or importance.

Optimus Maximus

Your sudden attempt, again, at trying to take the high road is both transparent and sad.

dpaterso

Come to think of it, my father did explore the jungles of Africa for several years and my mother was excessively hirsute... and my partner is an ex-hooker trying to go straight, or so she promised me -- but let's not go there! Oops, too late, a thousand sailors already have...

Looking forward to the bananas.

-Derek
-----------------------​
My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.

Writing Again

Sonny and Cher reinvented themselves when their act was sagging while sitting in a public place such as a bar or restaurant arguing. Sonny, (You've really got to admire a guy who knows how to make the most of any situation he is handed) noticed that everyone around them was laughing.

From then on arguing and bickering became part of their performance and their career took off once more.

I'm sorry, folks, but I laughed so hard reading this thread I woke up the neighbor's dogs. Now the whole neighborhood is awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.