PDA

View Full Version : Couple of things

Jean Marie
11-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I was just thinking, along the lines of Bart forgetting to mention his birthday in his profile, me not saying anything about 'tator cuff surgery. Okay, a few knew and have emailed to see how I am, which I've appreciated a lot. But, other than that, no one has missed me :cry:

In other words, I should have said something. But, I'm hesitant in drawing attention to myself in that way. Weird, huh. I had the surgery on Wed., the day after the elections--from pulling all those levers :) Actually, I was thrilled that Rummy was finally tossed...it was really from a swimming injury over the summer, a wave spit me out. I sort of landed on my head and my right shoulder. I'm lucky I didn't break my neck, so says the doc. Too bad he took so long in diagnosing this. Long recovery ahead. Turns out, the tendon was just laying there, all by its lonesome. A small part was still attached to the bone, thankfully, but lots of fluid was leaking causing major pain.

Fortunately, I was able to make it to the writer's conference in NYC the Friday before. And I made some great contacts and mailed the appropriate packets on Monday. That would not have been accomplished w/o the help of some awesome people here--Maryn, aadams73, Chaostitan and Linda Adams. They worked, tirelessly, in helping me prepare my query and synopsis. If I've forgotten someone, it's due to the pain meds ;)

Lastly, but certainly never leastly, Mac. Words of eloquence could never sum up what you've done for or given me. You are one awesome lady and I am honored and fortunate to be your friend :Hug2:

aadams73
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm glad to see you up and around Jean Marie!!:Hug2:

writerterri
11-13-2006, 12:00 AM
I started a thread for missed birthdays and it got missed!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Bless you're little heart! Hope you're fit as a fiddle (how fit IS a fiddle, anyway?) soon!

Jean Marie
11-13-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm glad to see you up and around Jean Marie!!:Hug2:
thanks--typing's a bit slow. more 1-handed, but hey!

Susie
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi, Jean Marie, sure glad you're recovering from surgery and sorry you had to have that. Hope everything will work out aok. :Hug2:

ChaosTitan
11-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Glad to see you back, Jean Marie. I've got my fingers crossed for those submission packets.

Pat~
11-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Ouch, I had a mild tear in my rotator cuff last year (skating injury), but fortunately didn't need surgery. I'm glad you were still able to make the conference--good luck with your submissions and your recovery!

K1P1
11-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Hi Jean-Marie - I know the recovery period will be long, but I hope you can see progress every day so you can tell you're on the way.

clockwork
11-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Hi Jean-Marie. Thanks for letting us know you're OK (finally!) And congrats on the conference, sounds like you made some good progress.

*Keeping my fingers crossed*

Christine N.
11-13-2006, 02:30 AM
Bless you're little heart! Hope you're fit as a fiddle (how fit IS a fiddle, anyway?) soon!

Can't play a fiddle with a busted shoulder. :)

JennaGlatzer
11-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Aha! I DID wonder where you've been! Very glad to hear you're okay, and that you made it to the conference. Hope you continue to heal quickly.

chicagogal
11-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Jean-Marie, take care of that hand, arm and all appendages attatched. soon yu will be typing with two limbs and better than ever. I too am hesitant about reporting personal matters to this wonderful forum. last year I tried the widow/widowers chat room and found it was not for me AW suits me fine as not only do we have something important in common, we have a comraderie that is so heart warming. it has been a couple of weeks since the service for my mom who died at 100 and 9 months, but AW helps a lot just in perusing to calm the surges of grief. everyone have a grand week. ta ta.....

SpookyWriter
11-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi Jean,

I had missed you recently and made a note to myself about writing you and finding out where you've been. I'm glad the surgery went well. I do remember you mentioning this a while back. How are you feeling now?

Believe me, nobody had forgotten you. I am sure there are several dozen people who wondered what happened. Who couldn't miss you? I can't think of a single week in the past year or so where I was glad to have you around beating up those bad guys (insert smile here).

I can't wait until you start getting all those agent requests from your query. You came a long way from the original version and I'm proud of you.

Best wishes,

Spooky

SeanDSchaffer
11-13-2006, 03:24 AM
Now that I think about it, it has been a while since I've seen you around here, Jean Marie. It's nice that you're up-and-about again. I hope you heal up good, and I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.

:Hug2:

Jean Marie
11-13-2006, 04:41 AM
thanks, all :D it's healing well. have to ice a lot, it's a cooler w/ H2O that runs through a hose attached to a pad. means I have to drink lots of tea, which ='s lots of brb's.

I wanna know how Good Word knows what my pain meds are ;) that's weird.

it feels way better than it did before surgery.

I've been reading along to keep up w/ y'all and make comments when I can. wishing birthday's, etc.. it will be a while before I can play in tio--have to be able to type w/ 2 hands, right? :tongue

SpookyWriter
11-13-2006, 04:44 AM
It's great to hear you're getting better...

Jean Marie
11-13-2006, 04:55 AM
It's great to hear you're getting better...
thanks, spooky. you find a job, yet?

SpookyWriter
11-13-2006, 05:26 AM
thanks, spooky. you find a job, yet?Soon Jean, soon.

Jean Marie
11-14-2006, 04:12 AM
bump

SpookyWriter
11-14-2006, 04:13 AM
grind

SpookyWriter
11-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Happy Birthday Jean!

Jean Marie
11-14-2006, 04:25 AM
not so much