Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I do realize it's rather odd that I'm asking this question, considering I'm the one who set up this forum and all. However, a newish member asked me today what the different colored envelopes mean-- the icons next to each thread on every board-- and I have no idea.

Some icons are blue, some orange. Some are open envelopes, some are closed. And I really don't know what they mean. Best I can figure is that if they have arrows, that means you're subscribed to the thread, but I don't know what else they signify. You?

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
On any of the forum screens, scroll all the way to the bottom. There's a legend. An arrow means you've posted something in the thread. Blue means low viewing activity, orange means high activity. I'm guessing a thread turns from blue to orange upon 150 views of the thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Go here.

Scroll all the way down, to the bottom left.

There's the color coded explanation.

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist, your link describes the legend for the forums. To see the envelope descriptions, you need to be in one of the forum screens like "Writing Novels".

BruceJ

Me and my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brucejudisch.com
Thanks, everyone. I was the newbie who asked the question and I figured I had missed something obvious. I hope this doesn't affect the "esteemed" part of my status in any way... :)

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
Not at all, BruceJ. Welcome to AW! Be sure to read the stickied threads at the top of the Newbie Forum for more information about how things work and where everything is.

Happy writing!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Bruce, I think your esteemedness is pretty safe, considering two supermods just admitted we had no idea, either. ;)

TheIT: Yes, if the S would make the title "The Imagination Trainer is Stupendous."

SeanDSchaffer

JennaGlatzer said:
I do realize it's rather odd that I'm asking this question, considering I'm the one who set up this forum and all. However, a newish member asked me today what the different colored envelopes mean-- the icons next to each thread on every board-- and I have no idea.

Some icons are blue, some orange. Some are open envelopes, some are closed. And I really don't know what they mean. Best I can figure is that if they have arrows, that means you're subscribed to the thread, but I don't know what else they signify. You?

Actually, Jenna, from what I've seen the arrows mean that you have posted on a thread, not that you've subscribed to it. There are a number of threads I have responded to, that I have since unsubscribed from. The arrows are still there.

Also, from what I've seen, the envelopes that are opened mean there are new posts. The yellow envelopes mean new threads, generally; and blue envelopes mean low viewing volume. Red envelopes mean hot topics, ones that are quite popular.

I hope this helps.

:)

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
robeiae said:
Envelopes are generally used to send things via postal services, though they can also be used around the home to store things like receipts and coupons.

Hope this helps.

:ROFL:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's just another example of why the good people of Wyoming elected Rob Emperor. :D

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
ChunkyC said:
There's just another example of why the good people of Wyoming elected Rob Emperor.
Nobody elected me Emperor...The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering gopher skin held aloft the Spear of Destiny from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Robeiae, was to carry the Spear of Destiny. THAT is why I am Emperor.

Status
Not open for further replies.