School really gets in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleIT

This school thing is really getting in the way of writing. I have a huge test in film theory and criticism tomorrow and I see Final Draft on my desktop just begging me to open it up and write a page or two. I cant wait for this semester to be over and to have a whole month at home with no distractions (except this site).

I always get huge waves of motovation in my classes. I want to run out and write. Ugg. Such is life I guess.

/rant

Writing Again

This happens to me on the job.

I carry a nice little digital voice recorder with me. It will record 11.5 hours and can be usb ported to my computer to be played back. True it was on sale from $150 down to $99 and I've seen a lot of times I could not afford an expense like that, but is is a really neat option.

As everything I write has to be rewritten anyway I just treat it as a first draft.

DoubleIT

I had one of those two but I lost it :(

I want something like that only in pen form... a medium sized pen with a mic on it, that has like a 128 meg flash card. The non pen side would open up for the usb connection. I wonder if this exists yet.

Writing Again

If it doesn't it will.

At work I'm waiting for safety glasses with built in AM / FM stereo receivers and wireless CD/ DVD connected projection glasses so I can listen to music and watch a movie while I drive forklift.

I already know a guy who has a button mike so he can talk on his cell phone without the bosses knowing. (For some odd reason OSHA thinks its hazardous to drive forklift while using a cell phone. But they do not have a problem with my conversing with my steering wheel.)

DoubleIT

I need to start getting my invention ideas made... i have too many of them :)

Optimus Maximus

For some odd reason OSHA thinks its hazardous to drive forklift while using a cell phone.
It is. Distractibility is significantly increased while talking on the phone and operating a motor vehicle. It's even more dangerous to talk on the phone while driving than to talk to a person sitting in the passenger's seat while driving.

Writing Again

I must be a pretty safe driver then. I don't even talk on my home phone; there isn't any point in my spending money on a cell phone.

You would find it exciting to ride with one of my daughters though. She will turn all the way around to face the person she is talking to who is riding in the back seat directly behind her. Sometimes I worry about that girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.