PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Colognes and Perfumes

billythrilly7th
11-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Ladies, your favorite colognes?
Men, your favorite perfumes?

Okay...I'll go first....

Beautiful by Estee Lauder

Any girl wearing that jumps up 1 maybe 2 points on the scale.

What say ya'll?

robeiae
11-10-2006, 07:39 AM
I enjoy the smell of elderberries.

BardSkye
11-10-2006, 07:44 AM
None. They make me itch, especially when worn in industrial strength as far too many people do.

rhymegirl
11-10-2006, 07:51 AM

Okay...I'll go first....

What say ya'll?

I say this. A woman who sat next to me on the bus today was wearing WAY TOO MUCH perfume!! I hate that. It was making me gag.

I don't wear perfume. Maybe just a little baby oil.

billythrilly7th
11-10-2006, 08:00 AM
"A perfume is supposed to say a lady has passed, not announce her arrival."
George Hamilton

rhymegirl
11-10-2006, 08:03 AM
"A perfume is supposed to say a lady has passed, not announce her arrival."
George Hamilton

Passed? You mean died? Ha ha.

Jongfan
11-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Freshly showered soap scent... can't beat it.

writerterri
11-10-2006, 08:53 AM
The ocean.

I'm allergic to everything else. Atchoo!

dclary
11-10-2006, 09:08 AM
My wife has sniffed the new Derek Jeter fragrance: Driven, and has placed an order for it. Apparently I am to smell like a Yankee.

:(

samgail
11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm so sorry clary

dclary
11-10-2006, 09:15 AM
I hope he smells good. I mean, I wouldn't say no to a fragrance that attracts jessica albas, of course. But he's a Yankee, for pete's sake.

billythrilly7th
11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
My wife has sniffed the new Derek Jeter fragrance: Driven, and has placed an order for it. Apparently I am to smell like a Yankee.

:(

That's awesome!

You'll smell like a champion!

Or victory!

Take your pick.

It's great news!

Shadow_Ferret
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
I can't wear colognes. My skin absorbs it and soon I can taste it. Then it's oozing out of my pores.

And I have trouble breathing around perfumes.

billythrilly7th
11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/0606/Duvall/00002f.jpg

"I love the smell of Clary in the morning."

SpookyWriter
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM

:(What does a carpetbagger smell like?

Opty
11-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I always figured you for a "Stetson" or "High Karate" kind of guy, Thrilly.

billythrilly7th
11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Drakkar Noir.

maddythemad
11-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Okay, all the guys I know wear WAY too much cologne. Like, you get near them and you go into a coughing fit. But let's see, I guess I like any kind of cologne okay as long as it's used in small amounts... and as long as it's not Axe. Guys, just a note: don't wear Axe!! Seriously, I've never met a girl who can stand Axe. (Feel free to argue with me here)

GPatten
11-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh, I love the aroma of some perfume on a lady as long as itís not that dang musk.

I once knew a lady long ago who wore that Estee Lauder stuff. I wanted to get close, real close to her. Ahhhh.

I think she may have sprayed it in the air, and walked through the aroma, if that is what you do with that Estee Lauder stuff.

I hardly ever wear any cologne at all. If I were to do so, I would dab a bit on my finger and add it to my neck, no more than a dab. Soap is all I wear now days.

DeborahM
11-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I've worn Sung by Alfred Sung since it came out in 1992.

samgail
11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I go through phases-Jessica Mclintock and Lauren on the shelf at the same time as Amarige and J'adore. I wear a seasplash ocean mist on a daily basis-it goes well with my favorite hair product- it promises 'been at the beach tousled'

aadams73
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I alternate between Vera Wang's Princess, Angel and Lolita Lempicka. They discontinues my favorite Kors by Michael Kors. I am the discontinuation queen lately.

And I only wear a tiny bit. I hate it when perfume is too strong.

Carole
11-10-2006, 02:43 PM
All time favorite - Feminite du Bois by Shiseido. Of course it's discontinued.

Casmir by Chopard. Also discontinued as far as I have heard.

Chanel #19. Yummy.

The fun one is Wicked Wahine. Hubby orders it for me from Hawaii each Christmas.

eldragon
11-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I wear two cologne's.

Gucci 1 - my standard for 20 years. They stopped making it about 10 years ago, so it's hard to find. I unearthed a motherload a few years ago, and sold the bulk of it on ebay - for up to $500 a bottle. I kept some for myself, too.

Then, in the past 11 years - Dolce & Gabbana. I don't know the "model" of what it is - but it has the red cap. (And my glasses aren't on or nearby - so there's no sense talking about reading the bottle.)

My husband doesn't wear cologne.

Maryn
11-10-2006, 05:57 PM
I do the walk-through-the-mist trick when I wear cologne, which is not every day. My long-time favorite is Halston, although it's getting harder to find.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people whose body chemistry changes the scents of many colognes, turning anything floral to a level of sweet that gags. I go for the lightly-musky. (Ha-ha, I typed musty at first, which may be more accurate.)

Maryn, genuine sweetie

jst5150
11-10-2006, 06:23 PM
"Scent of a Woman"

NeuroFizz
11-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Casmir by Chopard. Also discontinued as far as I have heard.
I really like (liked) this one on a woman. Sorry to hear it is discontinued.

The one I wear, which frequently generates positive comments from women, is Minotaure by Paloma Picasso. It's almost impossible to find in stores, but easy to order online.

Carrie in PA
11-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Freshly showered soap scent... can't beat it.

Ditto that!

Bubastes
11-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I love fragrance (worn verrrry lightly). I used to collect and trade fragrance samples with other people. My favorites:

Chanel Bois des Iles (hard to find, but my absolute favorite scent of all time)
Chanel Allure
Chanel #19 (yes, I'm a Chanel girl)
Serge Lutens Chergui (unfortunately, discontinued in the US)
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (on casual days)

Okay, I'm a freak. I'll sit down now.

Stew21
11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/0606/Duvall/00002f.jpg

"I love the smell of Clary in the morning."

You really are the one, Billy. I don't care what you smell like, you just jumped up about 2 points on my scale for the picture alone.

Charlie don't surf!

Stew21
11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
For myself, I wear Attraction (Lancome).

On a man, I really like Eddie Bauer's Adventurer. (I think that's what it's called.)

Bmwhtly
11-10-2006, 08:39 PM
I'd prefer women didn't wear scent if they insist on using it by the Bottle-Full. I had an ex who, whenever we were going out, would use chanel to Excess, and I mean EXCESS.

Personally I'm sporting a carefully cultivated aroma of Smoke, Soap and Beer. The order of that changes depending on the time of day.

Shadow_Ferret
11-10-2006, 08:50 PM
and as long as it's not Axe. Guys, just a note: don't wear Axe!! Seriously, I've never met a girl who can stand Axe. (Feel free to argue with me here)

But the commercials! Those guys are just fighting off the women! Are you telling me they're lieing to me?

Jongfan
11-10-2006, 09:07 PM
But the commercials! Those guys are just fighting off the women! Are you telling me they're lieing to me?

No Shadow, I have been known to run crashing through the market to attack a man because of the fragrance he is wearing. All the shoppers love hearing " Clean up on aisle.............)

:roll:

DeborahM
11-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Shadow Ferret! Someone lie to you? Who would do that? Not in this day and age! ;)

TrainofThought
11-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Acqua Di Gio Perfume by Giorgio Armani - a light scent when sprayed sparingly (They also have a cologne for Men Ė very nice).
Cool Water by Davidoff - a clean scent.
Profumo di Montecatini/Natural Spa Perfume by Borghese - a clean scent.

Obsession for Men isÖI canít even go into what it does to me.

jst5150
11-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Chocolate syrup by Hershey's. I loved it when a woman puts a little on her breast bone and a dab behind her neck.

Jaycinth
11-10-2006, 09:37 PM

Okay...I'll go first....

What say ya'll?

Oh, Billy.. HOW COULD YOU?!
That's my favorite and now I can't wear it while I'm on line 'cause you'll look at me funny.

I guess I'll switch to my second favorite 'Pleasures' or 'White Linen'.
(Yes, I'm an Estee kind of lady...down to my favorite lipstick.)

Stew21
11-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh, Billy.. HOW COULD YOU?!
That's my favorite and now I can't wear it while I'm on line 'cause you'll look at me funny.

I guess I'll switch to my second favorite 'Pleasures' or 'White Linen'.
(Yes, I'm an Estee kind of lady...down to my favorite lipstick.)

shouldn't that be "up to my favorite lipstick"? :D

C.bronco
11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I liked Tatiana, but it's been discontinued for 10 years. I like Nikki de San Phalle, and Champs de Elysses (Guerlain). Most of the time, however, I just use vanilla body lotion.
I like the way vanilla lotion smells on men as well.

Jaycinth
11-10-2006, 11:35 PM
shouldn't that be "up to my favorite lipstick"? :D

Depends on the order in which I finish. Usually it's hair...eyes...cheeks...lips...jacket..out the door!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Joy by Jean Patou, my favorite; then, in no paticular order: Je Revien by Worth. Un Amour de Patou by Jean Patou. White Shoulders by Este Lauder. Lauren by Ralph Lauren. Tea Rose by the Perfumers Workshop.

On a man? Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene or Halston Z-14 by Halston.

allion
11-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Ooh, fragrances! One of my obsessions. Here's a small sampling of my favourites:

Cinnabar by Estee Lauder - my all-time fave for wintertime
White Linen - a staple for springtime
Chanel No. 19 - wonderful, sophisticated
Coco by Chanel - a little more peppy, reserved for special occasions
Green Tea by Arden - fresh, light, doesn't make me sneeze
Lauren - lovely floral
Happy by Clinique - makes me more energized
White Musk from the Body Shop - delicate
Satsuma from the Body Shop - mmm, oranges
Hermes - again, the orange thing

On men:

Polo, if applied with a light hand
Aramis - ahh...
4711 - fresh

I have more, but that's what I can picture on my dresser...

Karen

CBeasy
11-11-2006, 08:05 AM
I guess I've got cheap taste. I usually wear the Axe scent "Lucky Day", but if I'm actually trying to smell nice for something important, I just use a bit of sandalwood oil.