Coverscript.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

gru54ark

Has anyone ever heard of COVERSCRIPT.COM? Are they reliable? They offer everything from editorial services to coverage notes to ghostwriting. They have the Screenwriters Guild of America logo posted at the bottom of their website.

SimonSays

Gru -

Be advised - the Screenwriters' Guild of America IS NOT the same as the Writer's Guild of America (WGA).

The Writer's Guild is the union for tv and film writers. It was set-up to protect the rights of writers. It requires that those producer's who are signatories pay writer's a specified minimum amount, royalties etc., sets acceptable working conditions, arbitrates credit disputes, etc. You need to sell a script or have done rewrites, etc. to be eligible to join.

The Screenwriter's Guild appears to be an organization geared toward wannabe writers not working writers. There are some well-respected script doctors and story analysts who they refer from their site. But I don't know what the criteria is to be endorsed by this organization - it could be as simple as those who pay to become members are automatically endorsed.

I have not heard of coverscript so I can't help you there. Just wanted to point out that the Screenwriters Guild is not what you may think it is.

Writing Again

Glad you cleared that one up, SimonSays. I would have confused the two and not even realized I had done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.