Americans, we the rest-of-the-world hug you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
America you did a great thing at your polls today. You probably don’t know how much you shocked and disappointed the world when you let that Bush man in power, and then when you did it for a second time… well… that was unbelievable and pretty hard to forgive. But today you have done sometime to put things right. You have showed Bush that you do not agree with what he is doing and now he will have to listen.

Good job. Please accept this big hug and little kiss on the cheek from 5.7 billion of us Non-American’s.

Again – well done and thank you.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I hesitate to confess - as a long-time Republican - that I helped do it.

Now I look forward to the Democrats fixing everything like they've promised they'll do. If people are as impatient as I think they are, I believe they've got about -oh... - two years to do it.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
America you did a great thing at your polls today. You probably don’t know how much you shocked and disappointed the world when you let that Bush man in power, and then when you did it for a second time… well… that was unbelievable and pretty hard to forgive. But today you have done sometime to put things right. You have showed Bush that you do not agree with what he is doing and now he will have to listen.

Good job. Please accept this big hug and little kiss on the cheek from 5.7 billion of us Non-American’s.

If you think the world was disapointed when Bush was kept in office two years ago - how do you think clear thinking Americans like myself dealt with the news?

I thought he'd be tossed out by his shirttails.

I've been unable to leave my house ever since, feeling like a stranger in a strange land.

Thank goodness I can come out now.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
I'd hate to shock and disappoint Putin...or Kim...or Chavez...or Ahmadinejad...or Chirac...or...

Fearless Leader frowns in your direction.

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
robeiae said:
I'd hate to shock and disappoint Putin...or Kim...or Chavez...or Ahmadinejad...or Chirac...or...

Jacques just pretends he recognizes people when they are invited to France. I'm sure he couldn't tell the four others on the list apart but would gladly have them for dinner if they liked talking about tribal art or sumo wrestling.

Os.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
expatbrat said:

Oh, sure. You love us now. But if we make the mistake of bombing even one more little country, you'll be all over us.

aghast

Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
I hesitate to confess - as a long-time Republican - that I helped do it.

Now I look forward to the Democrats fixing everything like they've promised they'll do. If people are as impatient as I think they are, I believe they've got about -oh... - two years to do it.

lol so true - politics is the only arena where it takes six years to destroy something and then everyone expect you to fix and rebuild in two - its a topsyturvy world baby

aghast

Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:

wrap yourself in a box at home and suck your thumb and say 'everything is beautiful in my world' - and fine if you dont care about eh world but at least know that everywhere in this country almost 60% of the people are telling bush (who they voted for in 2004) that we cant stay the course

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
aghast said:
wrap yourself in a box at home and suck your thumb and say 'everything is beautiful in my world' - and fine if you dont care about eh world but at least know that everywhere in this country almost 60% of the people are telling bush (who they voted for in 2004) that we cant stay the course
Or I could just pretend I can speak for everyone else on the planet, when in reality the only person I can speak for is myself. But I'm sure you mean well...

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I got out in the rain, voted, and felt great when I seen all the Democrats taking offices away from Republicans! I felt even better when that Rumsfield guy left. Bush's sinking ship was going down and the rats were jumping ship fast as they could!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
expatbrat said:
You probably don’t know how much you shocked and disappointed the world when you let that Bush man in power, and then when you did it for a second time… well… that was unbelievable and pretty hard to forgive.

Oh shut up. Like any real American gives a damn about what the rest of the world thinks.

:tongue

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
aghast said:

Just to clarify: a lot of people never voted for him, and tried like hell to convince others not to either.

A lot of people live in blue states and we're celebrating right along with you, expat! :)

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Thanks much, Expat. We deserved all the bad feelings from the world we got when installing Bush not once - but incredibly twice. And so now we deserve your thanks, and appreciate it very much. Many of us have been living with clenched fists for the last 6 years, hoping that the regime wouldn't think of a surefire way of destroying our USA beyond the point of repair. It's been extremely rough. Closest to fascism our nation has ever come. 3 days ago, the Republicans had the Presidency, the Senate, the House of Reps and the majority of state Governors.

Today - they got the Presidency only.

We got our country back. Many of us Yanks have been spending the last 2 days suddenly letting loose with belly laughs for no apparent reason. It's an expression of relief - a dissipation of the daily tension we've been enduring since One Party Rule for the USA became a reality in 2002.

We snatched our country back from the jaws of fascism and now we've got a helluva lot of work to do, fixing all that became broken.

But man - it's like a straight month of Christmas Day.

Thanks again, Expat.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
You will not believe how frustrating it is to live in America, where we are in some SERIOUS need of new government, and not be old enough to vote!!!

Trust me. Had I been 18 at the time of the 2000 election, Bush never would have gotten into office. ;)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
expatbrat said:

Yeah, we'll keep up the good work. You keep on keepin on in your grass hovels, and two bowls of rice a day.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
I was pissed when Bush won AGAIN! I know everyone in my family voted Democrat and hated the idea of him staying in office!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
SouthernWriter1978 said:
I was pissed when Bush won AGAIN! I know everyone in my family voted Democrat and hated the idea of him staying in office!

From a writing point of view, this post suffers from a moderate case of redundancy. All three of these statements essentially say the same thing, although the idea expressed in the blue phrase is sufficiently different from the other two phrases, that I'd suggest merging the green and red phrase into a single phrase, and tying it to the blue phrase.

Please post the final draft of this post in SYW for further review.

:p

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
I hate Bush. Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.