Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
So I've been working on this one novel in various incarnations for 17 years. It's gone through hell and back. It started out being a total cliche of every fantasy out there (practically), down to people jumping through a mystic portal to get to a land of magic and a place populated with cat-people and vaguely veiled D&D systems of magic. It was a contemporary fantasy with college seniors. It was the love of my writing life. It also scored triple-digit rejections along the way.

Now, 17 years and too many iterations to count later, it's a YA urban fantasy. My agent liked it, but wanted some revisions.

And today, my agent, God bless him, told me that he really enjoyed it...and will be submitting it to publishers.

Wish me luck!!!

KiwiChick

Editing like a caffeinated chipmunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asakkalon.com
Thats wonderful! Good luck. (Sorry about the lack of apostrophe in thats. My apostrophe key seems to be broken.)

KiwiChick

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic! Best of luck!

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you, mate, and congratulations!:partyguy:

I've been working on my novel for the last decade or so, so I'm most encouraged.

Pencilone

Muse Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Jackie,

Congratulations! :PartySmil

Huzzah!:hooray:You are an inspiration.
I think this time of year is particularly exciting for you once more. :Cake:

Best,
Pencilone

Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck!

Nothing wrong with tinkering and re-writing a book after 17 years. My first book, The Secret War (out this January from Macmillan - shameless plug ;) ) is a product of 15 years of re-writes and tinkering.

Sometimes it can take just a few weeks to see what's wrong...
Sometimes a few years...

(Though with my next book, I hope it's the former!)
:D

Selcaby

Writer of wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent news!

This makes me feel so much more hopeful about my WIP, which will be 12 in January and has had its original protagonist replaced twice along the way.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Great news

dragonjax said:
So I've been working on this one novel in various incarnations for 17 years. It's gone through hell and back. It started out being a total cliche of every fantasy out there (practically), down to people jumping through a mystic portal to get to a land of magic and a place populated with cat-people and vaguely veiled D&D systems of magic. It was a contemporary fantasy with college seniors. It was the love of my writing life. It also scored triple-digit rejections along the way.

Now, 17 years and too many iterations to count later, it's a YA urban fantasy. My agent liked it, but wanted some revisions.

And today, my agent, God bless him, told me that he really enjoyed it...and will be submitting it to publishers.

Wish me luck!!!

I hope this redoing the text thing holds up.................................

Luck! The next thing I'm sending out had its earliest incarnation 25 years ago as a short story. I'm going to rewrite its last incarnation as a romantic comedy of manners as an even more romantic comedy of manners with some extremely minor peripheral urban fantasy elements. Not werewolves or vampires or leprecons or x-cons. More like Jane Eyre meets E. Nesbitt or Jenny Agater...

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
chaostitan said:
LOL! Was that you in the comment section?

I really should read that before I post.... ;)

::giggle::

Yep, that was me. And I nearly swooned from joy when I saw the comment after mine...

Apropos of nothing, LOOK AT THIS SMILEY! EEE!

:e2seesaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.