for a research project

mjudie1

Hi, this may be a little strange, but this is the only medium I've encountered where I can actually communicate directly with an editor (for obvious reasons), so I hope this doesn't come off as inappropriate.

My name is Monica Judie and I am writing today because I am doing a research project about my future dream job. As it relates to YOU, my future dream job is to eventually become an acquisitions editor for a major publishing house, possibly even the one you work at.

If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate you providing me with a little bit of information about how you got to your current position. Information such as: where you obtained your Bachelor’s and (if applicable) Master’s degrees, how many years of experience you have, the general nature of your work, and the most fulfilling aspect of your career.

I don’t want to take up too much time out of your busy schedule, so any and all information you can share with me about your professional journey thus far would be greatly appreciated. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your time.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Monica, sent you a pm