Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Welp kiddies, we're in Norfolk. And do you know what's here?

A bay. An ocean. A naval base.

And that's it. Oh, there's also a lot of itchy bug things that hide in pillows (not bedbugs, much smaller) and eat your skin all night and a lot of semi-pretty trees. No one will let me have/sell me a cigarette and it's full of conservative freaks who see me and fight the urge to throw a rock.

...I'm done with Norfolk. Plus, the library here only lets me get online for an hour, so NaNo has pretty much hit rock bottom for me.

...Cha....

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:( NaNo away in your notebooks. An official wordcount gets you a shiny icon to use on your website. Yippee. The point of NaNo is to write. Don't think I'm letting you off the hook!!!!!

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:) Even if it isn't relevent to the story, I'm sure to write every day. I've even handwritten little pieces of prose about postcards and whatnot, so don't think I'm not doing anything. :D

Still, it'd be nice to be able to officially NaNo this year, ya know? But, I must write on!

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Go back West my young friend. . . Virginia is really only for the strong of stomach. . .(I mean, really, have you been watching our politics over the past three years? Can't even get a friggin budget.)

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Shadow_Ferret said:
We had a special name for Norfolk, Virginia when I was in the Navy. One I can't say in delicate company. :D
Yep. I know that name implicitly, having survived 3 years in Norfolk as a sailor.

I just thank God that Virginia Beach wasn't far away, it made my internment tolerable.

Ahoy!

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
And I am glad that both VA beach and Norfolk are nowhere around Richmond. Man do I hate those places. Everybody knows that if you want to go to a beach, you need to go to the Outer Banks.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I agree with Warren... Norfolk is the least... Virginia-y city in all of Virginia, although I imagine if you want to hook up with a horny sailor (when you come of age, missy and not a minute before!) that's the place to look.

We have property on the peninsula up near R.E. Lee's birthplace, and summered in Jamestown last year. Warren's right, though, the outer banks rule for beaches -- except in hurricane season. ;)

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
My name is Weren. . . thank you.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the OB used to be the place to go, back in the 50s and 60s, and even into the early 70s. Now it's almost all hotels and beachfront MacMansions all the way down to Ocracoke. It's not even dark on the beach at night any more. It depresses me to go there, because it's so built up. Can't quite gird myself to go camp out on Portsmouth Island, though, with no amenities at all.

ETA: If you like I'll get you an introduction to the coal loading ports at Hampton Roads or a tour of the big shipyard in Newport News, I might be able to swing it for you. How long will you be down there?

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
You know, Tsuki, I have family from Norfolk. That's their excuse. Why in Earth are you in Norfolk? Is there someone we should call? Can you escape?

And the guys are right about the beaches. Can you say 'Ick'? (The restaurants and bars are ...well ...)*shudders*.
Go to Kitti Hawk. Better yet...go further south.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Kitty Hawk?

You really want someone as lovely as Tsuki hanging out in "Nag's Head?"

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. . . we will try to treat you well. . .

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
TsukiRyoko said:
Woo, we're in Richmond now! Kind of....

Richmondy.

Go check out Edgar Allen Poe's house and museum in Richmond. It's over, er, over there in that part of Richmond where...

Well, whatever. Just go over there. Perfectly creepy just to look at, and very neat inside, too.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
If Weren offers you any wine..run! He's the chef in a restaurant, as I understand, and he loves to marinate things before he cooks them.
And...well...you're in Richmond, people may not miss you quickly enough. At least until they read the menu. (But, hey, it's not like you are in he!! or even Baltimore....)

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'll worry about Weren after I find him. I can't find my way around this city at all! It's great, but kind of... jungle-y.

Marinating is good. Always. Never quesiton the marinate.

I almost went to Baltimore. Lucky I didn't, I would've become a carnie on top of being a squatter.

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
Jay baby. . . you know what street is next to John Hopkins right? Baltimore Street. You know what is on Balitmore street in that part of the city? I bet you do.

I suppose "helping students" could be the name for that type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.