Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlowe

Duck of Death
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmovieplanet.com
I just got my car out of the repair shop- it's going to cost about $1300 to get it fixed. (Bad head gasket, doesn't cool properly.)

Then I get home, and find this waiting in my e-mail:

Thank you so much for letting me read ZOMBIELAND. There was so much that I enjoyed. I felt though, that the pacing is off, and that as a result the plot doesn't get off the ground soon enough. I think its a tough balance between the horror/absurd aspects of the Zombie attack-- and the lives of the characters, their home concerns, crushes-- etc. Your writing is great, and the voice works well, and I feel certain you will find the right agent. I'm sorry that its not me, and I wish you all the best with the novel. Thank you again for letting me read.

All my best,

Sara
Sara Crowe
Harvey Klinger, Inc.
Really, this about as nice a rejection as a person could hope to get. She gives me a vague idea of what I need to work on (the comment on pacing is good, although I thought the biggest problems were in the middle section), she's complimentary and encouraging. Seriously, if I'm not getting accepted, this is the best way things could've gone.

Except- today? Of all days? When I find out that my car is so dead it's gonna take almost a whole month's worth of salary to fix it?

Seriously, I'm not bitching about being rejected, and I'm not taking it personally. It's just- come on.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look at the bright side . . . I don't recall hearing a nuclear bomb going off, right? :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I_Shrugged said:
You don't have an Olds Achieva by any chance? Those things have a fault in the quad something-or-other and the whole line of cars blows their gaskets at between 50-60K miles.
Sounds more like an under-Achieva.

smf222

Registered
Reaction score
Costly auto repairs are a nightmare. And they never seem to happen at a good time either. Sorry you got hit with a double whammy.

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the car repairs and the rejection. Funny how things tend to happen in bunches.

Keep submitting, even if you have to bicycle to the post office. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.