dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
For the record, I detest Diane Feinstein's political ideology and voting record. She is just about my diametric opposite when it comes to policy.

However, I'd like to give her MAJOR kudos for the senatorial campaign she's running here in California.

She is the *ONLY* Democrat in California who is running on her own record and beliefs, as opposed to a bashing of her opponent. In fact, hers are the cleanest, most uplifting campaign ads I've seen in a decade.

Now, she has the luxury of only having been challenged by stumps of hickory or piles of old bricks as opponents (at least, it sure seems like that's all the RNC can muster against her), but still, I applaud applaudable actions when I find them.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
She is just about my diametric opposite when it comes to policy.

Looks, too.

Now, she has the luxury of only having been challenged by stumps of hickory or piles of old bricks as opponents (at least, it sure seems like that's all the RNC can muster against her), but still, I applaud applaudable actions when I find them.

Heh. There is that, indeed. By that measure, Eliot Spitzer's running a pretty good campaign here. But having a locked-in 65% of the vote kind of makes it easy to avoid wading around in the muck.

Still, you're a good egg, Clary.

Reaction score
I've always liked and respected Dianne Feinstein for being a fair and intelligent politician who votes her conscious and calls it like she sees it without putting her finger up to the wind to see which way the polls are blowing. She's got class. She's the one who should be the democratic candidate for first female President.

The other CA Senator....

I loathe Barbara Boxer with the power of a thousand suns.

Thank you.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Governor Bredesen of Tennessee running for his second term as governor ran a clean campaign (he too faced token opposition). He's a popular Democratic governor in a basically conservative state. A Democrat who is conservative is a formidable force, even in the south.

Our senate race was a different matter.

Still, I guess I find it more disappointing that the TV news (both national and local) have run story after story about the dirty campaigns and mud-slinging . . . but have done very little to seriously question the candidates. It reminds me of those sports clips where the big teaser is some fight that broke out during a ballgames or race; then afterward the sportscaster does a preachy little editorial about how terrible it is that such things happen.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
I've always liked and respected Dianne Feinstein for being a fair and intelligent politician who votes her conscious and calls it like she sees it without putting her finger up to the wind to see which way the polls are blowing. She's got class. She's the one who should be the democratic candidate for first female President.

Except that she's now in her 70s. Probably a little late for any such ambitions. But I'll keep voting for her as long as she keeps running.

Reaction score
clintl said:
Except that she's now in her 70s. Probably a little late for any such ambitions. But I'll keep voting for her as long as she keeps running.

I didn't realize she was that old.

Food for thought.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
alleycat said:
Governor Bredesen of Tennessee running for his second term as governor ran a clean campaign (he too faced token opposition). He's a popular Democratic governor in a basically conservative state. A Democrat who is conservative is a formidable force, even in the south.

We had Ned McWherter for a while, and he was a pretty strong Democrat. This state's weird like that sometimes.

Still, I guess I find it more disappointing that the TV news (both national and local) have run story after story about the dirty campaigns and mud-slinging . . . but have done very little to seriously question the candidates. It reminds me of those sports clips where the big teaser is some fight that broke out during a ballgames or race; then afterward the sportscaster does a preachy little editorial about how terrible it is that such things happen.

Well, considering just how dishonest and sleazy Corker's campaigns have been (both primary and main senate race), it's no surprise how much national press it's gotten. The RNC ad which had the woman claiming she met Ford at a "Playboy party" and then saying "Harold, call me" at the end is one of the most sleazy pieces of crap I've ever seen. And, the fact that it took Corker over a week to finally say he opposed it (only after Ford took him to task on it) speaks volumes for the type of man Corker is.

Corker wasn't a very good mayor and he likely won't be a very good senator.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
DrSpork said:
We had Ned McWherter for a while, and he was a pretty strong Democrat. This state's weird like that sometimes.

Well, considering just how dishonest and sleazy Corker's campaigns have been (both primary and main senate race), it's no surprise how much national press it's gotten. The RNC ad which had the woman claiming she met Ford at a "Playboy party" and then saying "Harold, call me" at the end is one of the most sleazy pieces of crap I've ever seen. And, the fact that it took Corker over a week to finally say he opposed it (only after Ford took him to task on it) speaks volumes for the type of man Corker is.

Corker wasn't a very good mayor and he likely won't be a very good senator.

I am so tired of the mudslinging between Corker and Ford. But, I also have to agree that Corker's were much, much worse. About two weeks ago, I was at a luncheon fund-raiser for Horse Play, Inc., a therapeutic riding program for handicapped children. Corker had been speaking to the Rotary Club that day in the same building. He came by the Horse Play luncheon, shook a few hands, but didn't donate any money. Of course, his photographers took plenty of pics. Eventually, when the organizers saw that he wasn't going to donate money, they told him to leave, that it wasn't a polictical arena and he shouldn't be there. They told him they would have said the same thing to Ford.

I wasn't a fan of Corker's before that day, but he made like him even less. He talked for a minute at our table, didn't mention the charity once and talked about his campaign.

He said, "I hope you're considering me for the election."

One of the men sitting at the table nodded, and when Corker left, he said, "Considering very hard against you, that is."

I went to a precinct tonight to pick up results for the election for the newspaper. When I got back and talked to the others, it was about half Corker and half Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.