PDA

View Full Version : The 500 Words Per Day Thread--all genres welcome

Good Word
11-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Anyone up for a challenge?

I don't have the bandwidth or the inclination for Nano this month, but I am big on moving my manuscript forward.

500 words per day between today and Nov 30 means 12,000 words and that's a decent goal.

House Rules:

1. Everyday is a fresh start. If you didn't make the word count on the previous day, it doesn't matter. There is no making it up. Just do your 500 words today.

2. Start anytime. If you just saw this thread and we are two weeks into it, feel free to jump in.

3. No wailing or gnashing of teeth (especially someone else's) if you don't make it one day. Just keep going.

4. Report daily, or whenever you want.

What do you think?

I'll sit here and do this daily by myself if I have to with the world watching my daily literary angst/successes, but it would be nice to have some company. :D

This is not a substitute for the WPR, if you are doing that. Feel free to use it as an adjunct.

So, who's in?

Somebody say something.

Good Word
11-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Okay, I'll say something.

I wrote 500 words today.

:)

poetinahat
11-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Okay, buddy. I'm with you. I'll report back tonight.

Good Word
11-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Dude.

poetinahat
11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Looks like it's just you and me, pard.

dahmnait
11-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Since I just began the research phase, can I put down a daily time allotment?
Let's see, given my schedule, an hour every weekday and two hours per day on the weekends. In addition, I will write at least one poem per day.

Just in case it is ok'd, yesterday I researched for 1 1/2 hours and wrote 2 haiku.

poetinahat
11-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Midnight, day one:

I have eleven words of a domino rhyme. World's worst couplet. I'm fried. But I'll be back tomorrow.

aadams73
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM
But they were eleven *good* words.:tongue

I just put down my 500th word for the day(it was "said" if anyone is curious)on my latest mystery.

Good Word
11-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Poet: Keep going.

Tammy: Yes, do some research, and post progress, as long as it isn't procrastination for words. ;) Whatcha working on?

Alex: Cool. You get a sun. I love suns.:Sun:

My last word was "be."

Anyone else? Come on lurkers, I know you're there. I can smell you.

aadams73
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure I want to smell the lurkers :D

Good Word
11-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I'd start a Lurkers Anonymous thread for them, but no one would post.

nevada
11-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Fine, fine I'll come out of lurkdom. Lurkhood? I'm just starting research so I vouch to read at least 500 words a day on illegal arms trafficking. And believe me I hate research so that's a lot for me.

Hey poet, wanna share the worst couplet ever written? I bet it's nowhere near that bad. Oh and can someone call me dude? I'm a girl but I love it when someone calls me dude. I'm in construction so the most I ever get is buddy. The older guys call me girl sometimes and that's okay too. But dude is especially sweet.

aadams73
11-09-2006, 02:39 AM
Dude, that's great :D

I got 938 words done on my new new WIP this afternoon.

dahmnait
11-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Hey nevada, dude, it's nice to see someone else working on research.

I'll post back later with my progress and more detail on what I am doing. :)

poetinahat
11-09-2006, 03:10 AM
nevada, dude, here it is:

The sensible thing to do
Would be to go to bed

Life imitates art...

dahmnait
11-09-2006, 04:17 AM
Ok, I updated my first post to add that I will write one poem per day in addition to the research time. Since most of my time will be broken up between other obligations, I am just going to post each day that I can and update it as I go. This should help keep me on task.

Poem count so far:

5 haiku
1 cinquain
3 free verse

Research time:

Good Word:

I am researching the history of women in crime in the local area. I'm looking for something specific, I just don't know what it is yet. If that makes any sense. :) I did find a tidbit on a female sex offender. Too bad for them, the guys were all dead.

I was a bit sidetracked today by a site on evidence collection protocol. Of course that wasn't a total waste since that information will be needed as well. I was good and only spent 10 minutes before I bookmarked it for later reference.

I am going to have to hit the library sometime in the next few days.

Good Word
11-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Alrighty, then. We've got us a challenge.

Welcome, Nevada dude. And Shrug!

Alex, you're smokin'. :Sun:

Tammy, sounds really interesting. lol

I know Poet's around here somewhere...

I really have to get some research done, too at some point this month. I'm also thinking it may help to plot my novel on a calendar. Maybe.

I did 520 today.

poetinahat
11-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Dudes, I'm still here.

damhnait, love your work!

I'm going to knock out that domino rhyme tonight one way or another.

If I can, I'll get back to my cross-dressing, banjo-playing Mary Kay saleswoman with the addiction to sports gambling and omelets. Stay tuned.

nevada
11-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Dudes, much thanks for the multiple dude. I'm off to bed to read some in my newly arrived No Nonsense Guide To the Arms Trade. wooohoooo. I expect to become a radical protester outside the world's suppliers of arms. Lockheed Martin sold 17.6 Billion dolllars of arms in 1999. I think I'll start with them. Later, dudes.

P.H.Delarran
11-09-2006, 08:57 AM
oh i could use a little accountability, so i'm gonna jump in too. not writing stories right now, just poems. i'm about 170 words into three pieces, (my first sonnet and two others, which will probably be combined at some point -somehow). most of those words i wrote yesterday in a spurt.
i know 170 doesn't seem like much to you novelists, but it's the most i've written in weeks. i'm excited to be in the creative mindset again.
oh wait, i think i wrote some haiku yesterday. oh well, it's today now..nevermind :D
don't have much time on wednesdays but i'm gonna go play some with what i have.

Inkdaub
11-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm in. I'll begin tomorrow with a progress post.

aadams73
11-10-2006, 01:08 AM
1200 words for me today! I'm happy because I'm getting my characters lined up now.

lazywritier40
11-10-2006, 08:08 AM
hi again
I wanted to know if there was someone who could help me with my writing. if so please contact me at sueallenspencer40@yahoo.com

Good Word
11-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Glad you are joining us, P.H. and Inkdaub.

Shruggy and Alex are our heavy hitters of the day--suns for you.
:Sun::Sun:

I'm heading off to write--I'll report in the morning.

-Lisa

Inkdaub
11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Well I managed 536 today. Mainly because I wanted to make the 500 word goal. I spent most of the time...editing I guess you could say. This means I was reading through my chapters and wondering to my self just what in the hell I was doing. This WIP is either going to be a funny and interesting work or it will be a complete disaster.

dahmnait
11-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Look at the words roll!

Yesterday I spent my research time on poetry. Since I am working on expanding and challenging my poetry skills, it was not wasted time. I spent 1 1/2 hours researching poetry forms (even started a new game in the poetry forum to get everyone involved.) I wrote 1 haiku, 1 really bad than-bauk, and 1 dodoitsu. The last two are new forms for me, so they took a little more time.

:D If it counts, I spent an hour learning the incorrect way to run a crime scene. Thursday is date night and I spend the time watching CSI with my honey. Poor guy. He made the mistake of telling me, "It's called artistic license, baby."

That sparked a discussion he didn't want to hear.

AdamH
11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Alright. I'll jump in on this. I've been on vacation the past week and a half and my mind has been on a break. So I need to jumpstart myself again.

500 a day...no problem...now that Lost is off the air until February, I've got a lot more free time. :)

Good Word
11-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Alrighty, then.

I did my 500 for yesterday, and am partially through today's 500 already.

Hey Shrug--I read in WD that Stephen King says he writes about 2k per day. You're in fine company. I'll have what you're having.

Inkdaub--I have those same doubting moments, had 'em yesterday and today. Aren't they so unproductive? Eff them.

Tammy, are you going to submit your poetry anywhere? Or is it private writing? I've got a few poems I'm going to look for homes for, myself. I never bothered before, but why not?

Maddwriter, welcome. We'll try and help you get a boatload of words in before February. ;)

nevada
11-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Everyone doing so excellent. I read some in my Arms Trade book and man, it's depressing. I could be writing a romance, but nooooo, I had to do a thriller. oh well. today I received another book, this one about the global black market in small arms. Man, this is going to be an exciting weekend. I might throw in some history of the IRA too. Yes, somehow I will connect African gun trafficking with the IRA. How? I don't know.

AdamH
11-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Alright. Today's count: 809 words. Could do a lot more the way I'm feeling but I've got a day job to get to in the morn and it's half past 1am here (I'm one of those Night Owl writers). Still, I'm happy with the start.

Til' next time! :)

Good Word
11-11-2006, 09:47 AM
You guys are kicking my butt! I'm a shade under 500 words, and have company, so stopping.

Suns for Shruggy and Madd. :Sun::Sun:

And a poke for myself, for tomorrow. :poke:

I have got to get some sleep, or I will be useless.

aadams73
11-11-2006, 03:23 PM
I forgot to report in last night--got sidetracked watching the first 3 episodes of Dexter(awesome show!!) Anyway, I got a grand total of 632 words done, but it was a holiday here and my Husband was off work.

Keep on at it, guys and gals! :)

dahmnait
11-11-2006, 06:35 PM
You guys are kicking my butt! I'm a shade under 500 words, and have company, so stopping.You did better than I did yesterday. I played here too long and then fell asleep. I only had 0.50 of research time and I don't think I wrote one poem. I'm struggling with a new form.

Tammy, are you going to submit your poetry anywhere? Or is it private writing? I've got a few poems I'm going to look for homes for, myself. I never bothered before, but why not?A bit of both. And why not indeed. Good luck finding homes. :)

All of you are doing awesome; it's just too bad sleep keeps interfering. Keep writing and/or researching.

Good Word
11-13-2006, 12:43 AM
Nice, Alex. Way to go. What are you writing about?

And Tammy, hope today is a good one for ya.

I did a little less than 500, starting fresh just now.

dahmnait
11-13-2006, 12:58 AM
I researched 1 1/2 hours yesterday. I felt it was best to stop when my bf started losing the "I want you" look. I don't understand why. I was only talking about a serial killer who would smear his victims' blood all over himself.

"Look honey, he only lived 20 minutes away." :D

aadams73
11-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Nice, Alex. Way to go. What are you writing about?

Well, it's a mystery, although there isn't a body--yet. My main character seems to be a bit of a prickly sort although she has a reason for it(which she finally gave up while I was showering this morning). She also has this weird pet ferret who speaks with a Puerto Rican accent. Yeah, I write some odd stuff :D

This weekend was a bust writing-wise. Yesterday I think I only got 50 or so words, and today I got in about 400. I plan on playing catch-up tomorow.
(Ah yes, always the best of intentions)

AnnieColleen
11-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Lurker/newbie here to join in. 736 words yesterday, plus figured out a needed plot twist. Still working on today.

dahmnait
11-13-2006, 03:21 AM
Whoo hooo, another lurk bites the dust. ;) (Yes, bad I know.) Glad you could join us. Welcome to the boards.

Good luck on your writing everyone.

AnnieColleen
11-13-2006, 05:12 AM
another lurk bites the dust. ;) (Yes, bad I know.)
Yeah, but it gave me a giggle! :D

514 today; not sure I like them much, but they're done.

dahmnait
11-13-2006, 07:59 AM
2 hours tonight. Now I need to take a long shower. Humanity sucks.

poetinahat
11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
I wiped out the last few days. The writer's block fell on my head.

I'll be back tonight -- it's great to see so many people doing well!

Nakhlasmoke
11-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Ah, since those nano counts are beyond me, I'll be joining in too.

I think i wrote about 600 words, so that makes me happy.

Good luck to everyone else.

Nakhlasmoke
11-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Ah, since those nano counts are beyond me, I'll be joining in too.

I think i wrote about 600 words, so that makes me happy.

Good luck to everyone else.

Good Word
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Alex, may your body appear with gore and aplomb. Today is another, well, today. Funny how that happens.

Tammy, humanity always seems better when you're squeaky clean, doesn't it?

Poet, sending you helmet vibes, and creative ones, too. :)

Shruggles: :Sun:

AnnieColleen: Glad you are here. We'll make a fine, upstanding reformed lurker of you. Nice work, btw. Whatcha writing? You get a sun, too.

:Sun:

Nakhlahsmoke: Pull up a chair and a pen. Cool on your 600. :Sun:

I did 552, with extra goading.

<lifts head, sniffs> I know there are more lurkers out there. Don't worry, we're patient.

Sort of.

dahmnait
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh, I did write a poem yesterday. It helped clear away the final dregs of ickiness (the words I want to use are not PG) from my research.

And poet, I am adding my helmet vibes to GW's. I heard that shaving your head helps. ;)

Nice word counts people.

Count for 11/13/2006:

1 poem

AnnieColleen
11-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Cool, I got a sun!

I'm working on an alternate-history novel. Still mostly in the stage of "writing to explore" aka figure out what the heck is going on. Sometime (next month?) I'll have to have a research goal too, but that's just not happening right now, so this goal will at least keep something going with the story.

(Funny thing -- I forgot where this thread was the first time I tried to come back to it, since I'd mostly been reading the SFF & historical boards. Oops!)

Reformed lurker, ha! Is there a 12-step program for that? Community service? :tongue

poetinahat
11-14-2006, 05:44 AM
Thanks, shrug, GW and damh --

Last night I wrote for several hours... but not on WIP. The good news is that it needed to be done, and it's something out of the way. It occurs to me that guilt is a major contributor to writer's block.

(I did do a token cinquain and haiku yesterday -- total, about thirty words, but they're carefully chosen.)

Head-shaving is next. Too bad I missed out on Mo-Vember! (There are blokes all around the place here growing moustaches for charity -- some very creative patterns.)

dahmnait
11-14-2006, 08:06 AM
((poet)) You'll get there, just don't stress over it too much.

I am taking a break and reaffirming my humanity tonight.

I did write a poem today, a bad one, but a poem nonetheless.

Good Word
11-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Okay, me hearties.

I did my 500 words yesterday, and due to a bout of sleeplessness, I have them done for today already, too. :) The fear of having to shave my head to regain my creativity helps. So does wanting to impress my writing buddy.

What happened to aadams?

Shrug, words is words, dude. All of them keep the creative juices flowing, but I do know what you mean.

Poet and Tammy: I have some poems I want to work on, too, but I've been trying to put my novel first. Haven't seen your work, yet, Tammy, but Rob, I know you are a fabulous poet. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Tammy, sure you aren't ready to write a little teensy something? Itsy bitsy teensy weensy? Teeny tiny? I just pictured you scribbling a character sketch and I'm a borderline psychic (among borderline other things) so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Reformed lurker, ha! Is there a 12-step program for that? Community service?
I'm thinking about it. :D mwahahahahaha

Look forward to seeing more from other folks later. Au rev.

AnnieColleen
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
uh-oh. :ROFL:

Looks like yesterday wasn't a great day for this. Didn't get mine done either (extra distractions at home + internet reading.)

On to today...

aadams73
11-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Despite my body being covered with...er...what was it? Oh yes, gore and aplomb, I managed to get 570 words done yesterday, plus a basic query. Today I've done 1500 and built a whole world.

Does aplomb itch? Because I'm feeling kinda itchy. :D

dahmnait
11-15-2006, 02:44 AM
It's the gore that's itching. You'll know when the aplomb leaks through by the burning sensation. That's right before your extremities go numb and fall off.
You can tongue type, right?

aadams73
11-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Gore, itching and burning...this reminds of of college!

(Um no, I do not--nor have I ever--had an STD)

Tammy, you'll be pleased to know I typed another 50 words this afternoon...with my tongue. I also cleaned my keyboard while I was there(mmm...crumbs)

dahmnait
11-15-2006, 03:57 AM
:Hail: You must be tired....and full.

lol....i just saw that you changed your disclaimer to an actual disclaimer.

aadams73
11-15-2006, 04:25 AM
:Hail: You must be tired....and full.

lol....i just saw that you changed your disclaimer to an actual disclaimer.

Thi tham threally thexhausted thnow. thmy thpoor thtongue.

Yes, I did. I just wanted to be really clear on that :D

dahmnait
11-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Your poor poor tongue. I would say ice it, but I guess that is a little difficult without arms. Here have a new one...:tongue. You don't want to stop now, you're on a roll.

Good Word: Insomnia has it's bright points doesn't it. Nice word count. :Sun: ('Cause you aren't giving yourself any suns.)

Ok, :shuffles feet: yes, I want to write. More than just an itsy bit. I'll let you know how that turns out. :D Of course, if i were a poet (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491561&postcount=42), I would write.

AnnieColleen: I don't understand this distraction, home. Now the internet, that I understand and can sympathize with. ;) Hope you had less distractions today.

Shrug: I agree with GW. Words are words. Good job on getting some out.

Poet: How's the hair?

And where did ph go?

AnnieColleen
11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Did it! 512 today. Of course that took writing during a meeting at work and then with a basketball game on TV. Points for creativity? Or persistence, or something? :D

Yeah, I keep trying to be a recluse at home, but my brother & my mom can be mightily persistent. Have to try harder, I guess.

Inkdaub
11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
I did 649 today before logging on to the internet, smoking or drinking Code Red. I'm heavy on reward conditioning.

poetinahat
11-15-2006, 06:11 PM
You guys are totally, totally boss.

Okay then, can I bum a smoke off one of you? I've finally got something to chip in:

I finished a poem. Under 200 words, but it's a domino rhyme, and I feel pretty good about it. I've never done one of those before; interesting form.

Right then -- time for some sleep. Tomorrow we'll do it again -- I'll try to have a look at my short story and see whether it stays short or goes novella. Hmmm. It's all new to me anyway.

See you all soon, then!

poetinahat
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Shrug -- if I can bust off the filter, it'll do the job!

aadams73
11-16-2006, 12:49 AM
2074 words today, folks!! I took the paranormal element of my mystery and spun it into a whole new world and now the words are flowing really easily. It just wasn't working for me in "our" world so I had to backtrack some. I like my main characters so much that I'm gearing up to throw some real curve balls at her.

Where is everyone else at?

Good Word
11-16-2006, 08:51 AM
:whip:

The only smokin' in this forum better be the friction those pens are making on the page, yesindeedy!

Kidding, really, smoke all you like, just be mindful of the non-smoking forums. :hat:
Anybody got a light?

So anyway, I've been peeking in here all day but didn't have the chance to post.

Tammy, the poem is really quite lovely. :heart:

Rob, glad that helmet is working for ya. ;)

aadams:
I typed another 50 words this afternoon...with my tongue That's so disgusting! Cool! Plus you have a clean keyboard. Congrats on your word count. :Sun::Sun:

And Shrug, too: :Sun:

And AnnieCollen: :Sun:

And Inkdaub, who cracks me up: :Sun:

If I missed anyone, please forgive me--I am delirious from lack of sleep.

This is the first day so far of little WIP work--my writing was more on other stuff, and I'm not thrilled, but moving on. Feel free to goad me tomorrow, if I don't have good things to say about my word count.

Just no shock collars, please.

greglondon
11-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh alright. I'll sign up.
will report back tomorrow.

Good Word
11-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Your enthusiasm is infectious.

Don't hold back, now.

greglondon
11-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Your enthusiasm is infectious.

I never claimed to be a happy-go-lucky wookie.

aadams73
11-17-2006, 02:58 AM
525 words today. I got thrown out of sync after my "emergency" trip to the vet.

How did everyone else do?

greglondon
11-17-2006, 06:07 AM
830 words tonight, by Microsoft Word's count. yay!

Inkdaub
11-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I only wrote 438 tonight. But the larger story is taking shape. A sinister method to the madness.

Bartholomew
11-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Would this be better in the Round Table forum?

aadams73
11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
No, I like it here. Something about this forum gives me the warm fuzzies.

(already at 200 words for today)

Good Word
11-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, we're good.

Must be all the gore and aplomb.

Reporting in shortly--running into a meeting.

AnnieColleen
11-17-2006, 08:14 PM
running into a meeting.

Sounds painful. :tongue

greglondon
11-17-2006, 10:53 PM
my 850 words from last night
might be counterbalanced by zero words today.
maybe tomorrow morning.

Are we going from midnight to midnight or just some 24 hour period?

I need to start getting up early or something.

AnnieColleen
11-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Got some of yesterday's typed; by that gauge it was ~1000 words yesterday; ~220 so far today. Don't know if I'll get more today since I'm going out of town for the weekend.

aadams73
11-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Checking in with approx. 1300 words. I'm pleased given that it has been an on/off kind of day. Also got half a page of my synopsis done for the book I just finished when I start querying again. I loathe writing synopses.

Where's everyone else at? Sending you guys some pickmeup cake :Cake:

Good Word
11-18-2006, 06:04 AM
You guys are neato.

I didn't report for yesterday--I did do my 500, and will post my wordcount for today later.

Mr. London, good sir, welcome and you get a :Sun:for yesterday's word count. And I don't know, it hasn't been carved in stone but I guess midnight to midnight is about right. One person's midnight is another person's afternoon for some folks around here, so we're flexible for them. But not for you. :whip: Now get to work, you wookie-wanna-be. Do you have a daily goal?

AnnieColleen: Very nice. Indeed. :Sun:And yes, it did hurt. Plus I looked silly. They're making me wear a helmet now.

Alex! :Sun::Sun:Thanks for bringing the pick-me-up cake. How did you know?

Ink: It ain't shabby. I was doing the sun thing for 500 words plus, but this is an almost, so :Sun:

Shrug. Shruggles. Shrugamundo. Shrugster.:Sun::Sun:

I love you guys. <sob, drinks soda, wipes nose on sleeve>

Good Word
11-18-2006, 09:31 AM
I just did 513.

Inkdaub
11-18-2006, 12:45 PM
I didn't write hardly at all tonight. I did some small editing and reworked some outlines. This thing is changing and I'm trying to capture something that is proving a wee bit elusive. I tossed several ideas today because they were 'easy way out' type things and totally inapropriate for what I want this thing to be.

greglondon
11-18-2006, 09:59 PM
1,100 words today, by MS Word's counter.

gawds.

aadams73
11-19-2006, 02:00 AM
1500 words today, folks! Pretty good considering I took a two-hour nap. :D

(and go-figure, I'm still tired)

My world is shaping up nicely and I really like my characters. One in particular is really flying off the page already.

greglondon
11-19-2006, 02:47 AM
OK, put me down for another 800.

need caffeine now.

nevada
11-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Everyone's doing so well!!! Me, not so much. I've stopped researching the Arms trade. Totally depressed me. so now i'm going to revise a short story and then rewrite a previous novel. I've put the action/adventure on hold for now.

Good Word
11-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I finished a scene/chapter yesterday. I'm doing a little reworking of it, but not counting it as word count. Figuring out what to do next.

:)

Anybody want some homemade soup?

aadams73
11-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Yes please, I love homemade soup! I made chicken and dumplings yesterday. I'll take the pumpkin pie squares too! :D

Happy productive writing for today, folks! :)

AnnieColleen
11-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Took the day off yesterday; visiting friends. I'll try for today, but who knows how that'll go.

poetinahat
11-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Reorganised the Poetry Forum -- nearly 3,000 threads. Took the kids to the beach for the day. No WIP progress; IOU heaps. Good work, everyone -- see you in a day or two!

kdnxdr
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Okay.......you guys, dudes, gals, and writing freaks in general, have me totally cranked!!

I have no clue what I'm going to write but since it's like my favoritist activity in the whole world...........I'M GONNA WRITE my brains out!!!!!!!

Please excuse the mess.

So, I have some questions.............

1. Can my 500 be a collective effort for the day? Some poems, some critiques, some commentary in the discussion thread, and the whatever category?

2. Do I have to work on a specific project?

3. Does what I have written in this post count towards my overall 500 for the day?

Thanks so much for pushing my green-light-go-button!

kid

kdnxdr
11-20-2006, 12:30 AM
After reading this thread containing the 500 word-a-day challenge, I gave myself a blank "paper" (an electronic file : 500 word-a-day challenge) and began to just start typing, with absolutely no thought as to what would end up on the paper.

It just so happened, my butt was numb (from sitting reading/writing in AW) and I couldn't walk to the kitchen. Hence, I wrote : numb flank.
From there, I wrote a 200 word stream of thought (poem?) about Mephibosheth, a biblical character, the grandson of Saul.

So, for the record, I believe that can count.

I was shocked to see 200 words regarding the fact that my hind-end was temporarily parylized.

aadams73
11-20-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm clocking in at 1100 words even today. I was feeling pretty rough this morning(shaking, dizzy) so I curled up in bed with my dog and cat, and what happens? Ideas for my WIP start firing at me like little bullets. I spent more time scratching on the notecards I keep by the bed than napping.

All in all it has been a very productive weekend.

Incoming motivation cake, folks::Cake:

AnnieColleen
11-20-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm guessing I have ~400 so today -- guessing because I was shuffling two scenes together (same scene from two different POVs), with bits of each I wanted to save plus more to be added. The 400 is how much the new scene has over either of the old ones, so I'm claiming it!

dahmnait
11-20-2006, 05:27 PM
These last few days have been quite hectic, filled with many emotional ups and downs. I haven't done any real research. However, I have been writing quite a bit in my journal. And no, I am not counting the number of words as I wrote it on paper. The stuff I have been writing won't really help now, but it will come in handy later when I need to catch the "mood" of a mother's fear. I do count them as writing though. :tongue

I have to switch gears here and put my research on the back burner for the moment. I need to focus on a few write-ups for the business. I want to put out some pamphlets focusing on the importance of business writing. I figure it will be a good way to promote the business and give a sample of my writing in one fell swoop. I will post any research time and word counts here.

(GW, you did say all genres. :D)

greglondon
11-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Something woke me up at 5:30 this morning.
Don't know what it was that work me up,
but I had been dreaming the scene that had
me stuck on another story for about six months.
Got up and wrote a rough, bleary-eyed draft
of it. Then I did the last half of a scene in
the story I've been working on lately.

didn't count, but it was well over 500 words.

no writing on sunday, but got the christmas
tree up and decorated. ;/

Lissa
11-20-2006, 08:13 PM
So, I'm sitting here reading this thread in my family room. I just joined this forum yesterday and I'm thinking that perhaps I really should make some kind of commitment. I get to the last post and greglondon signs it with, "I don't know, fly casual." Since my son is at this exact moment sitting on the couch watching Return of the Jedi, I have taken this as a sign. Maybe it's not a sign, but it did make me giggle and gave me the last little kick I need. So, I'm with you guys...500 words per day starting today. I'll report back tonight!

paprikapink
11-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Okay, 500 just happens to be one of my favorite numbers.

Will the game end when November ends? That's my big question.

I'll check back in, most likely tomorrow morn. You folks are inspirational.

Isn't there like an old Peter Paul and Mary song about 500 words?

aadams73
11-20-2006, 09:16 PM
*phew* It took me one hour, but I just finished a 1600 word synopsis. Now on to the new WIP writing!

Oh, just for the record, writing synopses SUCKS. Seriously.

greglondon
11-21-2006, 06:06 AM
and another 500+ tonight.

kdnxdr
11-21-2006, 07:55 AM
I did it, I did, I did it! Wahoooooooo! 540 words!

I wish it could have all been one piece but it turned out being one poem, a recount of how my day went as a preschool teacher interacting with my 2 and 3 year olds and a piece on poetry in the hands of a killer.

No one said anything about quality, right?

Good Word
11-21-2006, 09:16 AM
As Austin Powers would say:

Yeah, baby!

First, kdnxdr! A sun for your word count: :Sun:

1. Can my 500 be a collective effort for the day? Some poems, some critiques, some commentary in the discussion thread, and the whatever category?

Collective effort, sure, but on your writing, or a little writing-related, if you must (a few folks here are doing research, but they better get crackin' at some point on their writing). I started this because I figured there were other folks here who, like me, could use a little accountability and a motivational shock collar boost. I need to keep the word count on my novel moving forward, but there are some other things I need to work on as well so I'm going to start counting them, but only as a percentage of my weekly total. My WIP still gets most of the attention.

2. Do I have to work on a specific project? Is there one you want to work on? Maybe you just want to get your creative juices going and write regularly. What are you working on?

3. Does what I have written in this post count towards my overall 500 for the day? Nope. Posts/commentary on discussion boards don't count.

Poet: Come back to the light. Dude.

Shruggarino: I had to take some time myself. Family stuff. Tomorrow IS another day. Got words?

Alex: You heavy hitter. I can't stand it. Somebody hold me. :Sun::Sun:

Tammy: Hope all is well. Keep going. And sure it counts, why not?:Hug2:

AnnieColleen: Nice progress. :D

Greg: And a partridge in a pear tree, alright? Pretty cool on dreaming a scene. But next time you procrastinate, you don't have to put up a Christmas tree, for crying out loud. Come paint my house.:Sun:

Lissa: Welcome to AW, and to this cozy party too! What are you working on?

Paprikapink: Come play! It will be fun. It's practically perfect in every way.

Me: Took Sunday off, sort of. Today I worked on some business writing, notes on an article (notebook, didn't manually count the words yet), and I'm back on my WIP tomorrow. I'm 54,800 into a supernatural thriller that I must finish, come hell, high water, or a rash. Don't let me quit. ;)

Good Word
11-21-2006, 09:20 AM
And yes, we'll definitely continue this past November!

Glad folks want to.

poetinahat
11-21-2006, 09:28 AM
The light... the light... Ah, there it is! I'm free from the underworld!

I'll be back with something tonight - promise.

Then I'm off for a few days' vacation; my wife's going to a conference, and I'll be minding the kids. *sweats bullets*

I need to keep my place on the team, though; I'll be back. Thanks, Boss, for calling my number!

dahmnait
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
sure it counts, why not?:Hug2:Whew. I need the accountability, and better here than with my business failing. :D I will get back to my WIP, but this baby takes precedence. Once she grows a bit I can refocus some of my energies on to other writing.

I did a bit of research last night and started my outline. I forgot to time the research, but I think I was on the phone for about 40 minutes, (My friends hate it when I multi-task. :D) I'll get to writing the article by Wednesday night, perhaps even tonight. It depends upon my work load. I have a few projects I would like to deliver before the holiday.

Great job on all the word counts! I would list you all one-by-one, but I better get cracking on my writing.

Welcome to AW Lissa. Glad to have you here.

Vent: My research would have gone much faster if the person who wrote the article cited their references. I hate when people don't cite properly! I still didn't find what I was looking for, and now I will have to spend the time to write the magazine with a request. Hmmm, a potential for new contacts. Yes, that is the way I will look at it.

Inkdaub
11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
I managed 613 tonight and now it's time for bed.

paprikapink
11-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I did it!! A bit over 500 words. Fun story too -- something I just let fall out of my head when I started Nano with a blank slate. A girl in a wheelchair who has superpowers and encounters eco-badguys.

I never would have even tried to keep up with this story if you hadn't started this thread, Miss G. Word! I'd fallen so far behind the 50K goal, I'd just given it up. But 500 a day is a chunk I can chew. I think.
-------
Whoops. Wrote this message last night and never clicked send. Here it is, a bit stale now. Toast it.

aadams73
11-22-2006, 02:28 AM
700 words today. I had a disjointed day with errands and stuff.

ETA: I just pushed my total up to an even 1000.

AnnieColleen
11-22-2006, 05:30 AM
896 today, maybe more if I get a chance. And my brainstorming buddy is online tonight so I get to show it off. :D

paprikapink
11-22-2006, 11:37 AM
It was late, I was already in my pajamas, pulling up the covers, dang, just didn't get those 500 words in today--when suddenly! I reconsidered! It's only 500 freakin' words fer pete's sake. I ran, got my laptop, brought it into bed with me and banged out 500 some odd measly words.

Not so good for my marriage, but profoundly beneficial to my character (and characters).

kdnxdr
11-22-2006, 08:30 PM
For Tuesday November 21, 2006 I had only 242 words. I'm not going to get discouraged as 1) it was all one storyline 2) I liked the concept of the storyline 3) I'm going to continue working on the story............so............even though I didn't make it to 500 (I started late and fell asleep)....I'm still inspired to write, regardless of who, what, why or how. And, as with any endeavor, it's all about discipline and focus to become what it is that you dream to be.

I would have never started the story if it hadn't been for this thread.

Thanks to all.

kid

Good Word
11-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool, everyone!

I did my 500 last night (business) and am still working on today's.

Will be back later with golden suns. :)

kdnxdr
11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I am a totally novice at this whole "writing a story" gig and I have no clue if I can actually do it or not.

With that said, I'm excited because as I write, the story is developing in my head. This is so much fun!!

I started out with the 1st character and now I have a second character and I have my first scene and now the story is unfolding.

I haven't a clue where these people came from or what they are doing in my head..............

Thank you again for "pushing my button" and turning this project on!

kid

PS so far today, I got 228 words in about 15-20 minutes! And a storyline that is intriquing to me. (It is okay if it's not reader dependent at this point, right?)

kdnxdr
11-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Is it common to feel like your "walking the plank" when you first start attempting to "be a writer"?

I'm feeling very needy and insecure at the moment. I think I'm hyperventilating!

I just eeked out another 148 words in 15 minutes.

Now, I visualize myself as a young beginner swimmer and after attempting to swim for a few minutes, I panicked to grab ahold of something.

Help!!!!

Make the drowning sensation go away!

kdnxdr
11-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Thank IS,

I took a deep breath and plunged back in! I've got my day's total at 587!!!!

As I write, it's so weird, I can feel myself "spurt out" the story. I'm good for about 150-200 words in 15-20 minute increments, and then I have to get up and go do some other things.

It feels so intense when I'm letting the story out that it wears me out. Is that usual?

The story is not that intense, at least, not at this point. This is just a weired experience for me. I have written one other short story that I have posted but it was a true life account of an encounter with a UFO, from a mother's perspective. I'm pleased with it but the few attempts I made to have it published were duds. They said it was good but they couldn't use the type of story that it was. It's called an Abrupt Turn. I think it comes up if you google for it. Oh well.

Sorry, for all the posts but we're leaving town on an unexpected business trip and I wanted to get my 500 words in before we left.

Have a happy Thanksgiving to you all!

kid

aadams73
11-23-2006, 01:25 AM
1036 today. I love my story, I love my characters, and I've got some good dialogue going now. I'm also about to throw something nasty at my MC, but somehow I think she'll make it ;)

Where's everyone else at?

aadams73
11-23-2006, 02:47 AM
:whip: 50 lashes! :D

paprikapink
11-23-2006, 03:06 AM
I ain't writ yet today neither.

But I got a new computer! I'm so psyched -- it's muuuuuch faster then the little hand-me-down laptop I was using. I can click on the ads just to help out, give out rep points, follow links and view avatars...all without having to devote most of my day just to reading AW. It's like I'm on speed! I guess, in a way, I am. I'm on a speedy computer. Get it? nyuck nyuck nyuck.

wooo-hoooooo, me so happy!

dahmnait
11-23-2006, 06:10 AM
213 words. Hey, I was busy taking calls to get more work. :) I'll try and write a bit more later, but now I have to take care of a little housework.

AnnieColleen
11-23-2006, 07:09 AM
546 today! I didn't think I'd get it done.

I know they're not in final form yet, but words is words and I'm counting 'em.

Good Word
11-23-2006, 08:58 AM
It's almost Thanksgiving, and I'm full already.

I did 500 words today--but nonfic/business, not WIP. I am probably taking tomorrow off. Probably. I need to poke around my WIP and see what to do next. I keep putting off research, but I may have to go that route sooner than later.

Kdnxdr: There is no right way. Well, actually there is and it's called:

Whatever Works.

You are doing it! :Sun:

AnnieColleen: :Sun:

Alex: :Sun:

Am I missing anyone?

Shrug: Poker? Oh my. Got pennies?

Must. Get. Sleep.

greglondon
11-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Not much new today. I read through 15,000 words and did some cleanup. That's all. Happy Turkey.

Inkdaub
11-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I mostly took notes tonight. You know...'outlining'. I'm a terrible lazy writer.

aadams73
11-24-2006, 02:23 AM
Just a dash over 1000 words for me today. I've been writing in dribs and drabs(read: in between eating and napping)

Well done everyone who tried to make goal!

As for the rest of you...here's some pick-me-up cake::Cake:

kdnxdr
11-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Okay..........I'm a turkey.

We weren't going anywhere for the holiday but, at the last moment, we made a 9hour dash on a business/holiday trip. Returned 3am and it's 4:50. I'm stuck between an awake non-functioning brain and sleep (would that be comatose?).

I did write a small poem, maybe 20 words. That's it; that's all I can do comatose.

I'll be back later today(?!!!!) when my little eyes can get pried open.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............... .......................

paprikapink
11-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Sorry, can't post now. Must write 500 words first.

greglondon
11-24-2006, 09:28 PM
720 words today.

aadams73
11-25-2006, 02:07 AM
3046 on my really really new WIP. I woke up this morning with a flash of inspiration for something I wrote earlier this year that felt flat. So I scrapped it, and aimed it toward an adult audience(instead of YA) and now the words are falling out easily. So, yay me.

How's everyone doing post-holiday?

Good Word
11-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Yay, Alex!

I did my words, and they are WIP-related, but more scene-plotting and character sketch of my psychotic wackjob guy, aka the bad guy.

Suns tomorrow, anyone? lol

AnnieColleen
11-25-2006, 09:06 PM
'Sick leave' for me the last two days -- blah. Feeling a bit better today so hopefully I can get something done.

chicagogal
11-25-2006, 09:20 PM
OOPS! I just found this thread and have only five days to go. I have an assignment to complete. does that count in the 500 words ? good thread. now if only procrastination would stop hounding me. will report in as accomplished. thanks for the push.

aadams73
11-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Yup, this is officially my favorite thread! I want to keep it going!

Here, everyone::Coffee: to keep us going.

greglondon
11-26-2006, 03:02 AM
1072 words today.

I might actually meet my rewrite deadline to be done by the end of the year.

aadams73
11-26-2006, 03:54 AM
3008 words! My fingers hurt and now I keep mistyping so it's time to pack it in for the night. I guess all that coffee worked :D

Keep on banging those keyboards, folks!

AnnieColleen
11-26-2006, 03:56 AM
3K, wow, good job!

I did my 3 notebook pages which is a little over 500, plus some plot brainstorming -- I think I'm a bit closer to figuring things out. And to being over this stupid cold/flu/whatever it is!

kdnxdr
11-26-2006, 05:26 AM
I was sooooooooo close, wahhhhhhhh.

I thought I made my 500 but didn't do a total count. I went back today and found out I only made it to 482 last night, on Friday.

My main character has changed positions three times in only 1500 words and I have a feeling that is moving too fast and too often. Am I right about that?

Could use another's opinion.

kid

kdnxdr
11-26-2006, 06:28 AM
642 this evening!

It's starting to come a little easier.

Now, I've found that I've created a problem that has to do with an event needing to take place at a different time so that it will be more believable. The event works but not at where it's placed in the story. I've got to get my MC across the country before the event can take place. It's weird because the event is in a dream sequence, in a retrospective view.

This whole process is so intriguing. I've never done anything like this before and it's getting addictive. I carried my MC around with me all day while I was shopping. I just wanted to come home and see what was going to happen next.

Good Word
11-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I finished character sketches of my lead and my antagonist. All longhand. I've got 4 scenes outlined, too.

I owe this thread a roundup, but I'm visiting relatives and will do that when I'm home tomorrow.

aadams73
11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
1009 words for me. It was one of those days filled with errands and my dog was being a pesty-poohead.

All in all a pretty darn productive holiday weekend :D

Well done everyone!! I think we all did great especially considering the big fat holiday.

poetinahat
11-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Okay, I have 669 brand-spankin' new words on the WIP. Still feeling the character out (that is, I mean, ohnevermind), and wondering what the plot's going to be. But it's, um, emerging slowly.

My protag. has a boyfriend now -- a bookie with a fondness for Hee Haw and El Caminos.

In the words of Young Mister Grace, you've all done very well!

aadams73
11-28-2006, 03:53 AM
1655 today, but I'm not counting it because I was fiddling with changing my current WIP to third person. I'm still not entirely convinced which POV it needs to be. Either deep third or first.

A big YAY to everyone else. Keep on going!

AnnieColleen
11-28-2006, 05:51 AM
~200 so far -- hope to get more done tonight.

kdnxdr
11-28-2006, 06:42 AM
573 Monday November 27, 2006!

I got it! It amazes me that when I sit down, I have no story, no idea, no nothing but then, it just starts coming out.

I just left my MC in the parking of a convenience store harvesting pennies to have enough money to buy a cup of coffee.

Good Word
11-28-2006, 06:43 AM
We’ve added more words to the world word count. I'm still trying to find out if it goes down in the Akashic Record. I'm running out of people to ask. The Tooth Fairy didn't know squat. LLLOL

Okay, I did 575 yesterday starting a new chapter, and moving some things around in my WIP. Not bad for me.

Mr. London will probably not be posting this week, as he is attending a seminar on harvesting roadkill or some such nonsense. He’s requested extra harassment motivation and support upon his return.

Kdnxdr: you are doing smashingly well. I think we are all kinda motivated by your excitement.:Sun:

Shrugnacious: Wow. What are you writing? A guide to playing poker or something? Did I ask you that before? I have mother’s memory.:Sun::Sun:

Alex: Stunning, sans doubt. My best to Timmy. Love, Satan Santa :Sun:

Poet: Nice, dude. We’re glad you’ve come back to the light. :Sun:

AnnieColleen: Here’s a sun for that 500, and I’m with you on today. Just getting started now.:Sun:

Where's Tammy? I miss Tammy.

Making stuff up is fun, isn't it?

AnnieColleen
11-28-2006, 08:36 AM
(So, how sad is it that I'm 'watching' a basketball game via espn.com as I'm writing? I'm not letting myself actually watch it b/c they're playing out west & it'll go past my bedtime...I think I'm addicted. :crazy: )

adding: Ha, did it -- 580 or thereabouts (the first part isn't typed). Enough for one night.

paprikapink
11-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Owning up -- I suck! On Sunday I may have written 500 words, but not on my WIP. Resume and cover letter. Bleck.

My MC has me fairly intimidated right now. She's a beautiful, compassionate, brilliant, young, super-hero with an eager, handsome sidekick and they're going to save us all from globally warming ourselves. It seemed like a good idea at first. Now it's just making me tired.

Good Word
11-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, I did not make 500 yesterday--just a couple hundred, and I have to take today off.

aadams73
11-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Today's total was 647, but I spent much of the day doing some clean-up and planning.

:e2poke: Come on, folks!

dahmnait
11-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Did I hear someone call my name. :) I've been working. Unfortunately I have been working on work. This week is pretty much shot for me. I allowed myself to be sucked into TIO and wasted my valuable free time. No suns for me, just a good whipping.

I have 5 procedure manuals and 3 user manuals to finish. Then I need to work on a database project. I need someway to dictate in the car. Oh, that would be nice.

ETA: I have been jotting down the random lines here and there. The majority of which will be worked into my marketing material. Friday night is dedicated to writing for the business.

JDCrayne
11-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, I just wandered into this thread, but I am pleased to announce that after a three-week block, I did write about 500 words in each of the past three days and am up to 13,000 plus in the current WIP. What is even better -- I now have some idea where it's going and how to get there. Whew!! I was thinking for a while there that it was all over and I'd never write anything ever again!

kdnxdr
11-29-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm putting in my little 527 words for the evening. I know I don't write much but this is the most committed I've been about anything in a long time. My MC needs to get a case of amnesia so now I have to knock her out!

AnnieColleen
11-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Phooey - 0 today. Things just got away from me. Tomorrow, I hope!

:flag:

(but, on the up side, I've pinned down a couple of plot ideas over the last couple of days. I think I know the vague general shape of it now!)

poetinahat
11-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Wrote the first draft in the next instalment in a series of poems I'm doing. 223 words. The idea's been a long time coming, and I'm glad about it. It'll take a lot of rework, but it's a good start.

That's something -- good luck, all!

aadams73
11-30-2006, 02:43 AM
800 and change today. Still doing some planning so I don't write myself into a corner.

JDCrayne
11-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Okay! I did a little bit more than 500, am now at 15,120 in the WIP and my stalwart band of heroes is about to storm the fortress on the lake.

AnnieColleen
11-30-2006, 09:47 AM
256 on WIP tonight, then I got distracted by revising a little short story -- wound up adding 35 words, so that counts for a little!

Better than 0, at least.

Inkdaub
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I hit 638 tonight. I have been taking notes for another story as well and am leaning toward starting it soon.

dahmnait
11-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't know how many words. I was typing away on the computer last night, but only made it to 83 when I had the urge to go back to pen and paper. I scrawled quite a bit before falling asleep, but I didn't count them. I'll know better after I type in what I wrote. This was all work on my fictional piece instead of the brochure. I had an itch last night.

kdnxdr
12-01-2006, 06:08 AM
I zeroed out for Wednesday night.

My bad.

I'll report back later for Thursday.

JDCrayne
12-01-2006, 07:05 AM
YESSSSS!! Thank you, Thread, for keeping me honest. The WIP is up to 16,228 and I actually have a firm plan for the next chapter.

AnnieColleen
12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Nothing here -- a project at work exploded and I wound up with unexpected overtime. Did some playing with the story from yesterday (plus posting it in SYW :D), but nothing actually added.

kdnxdr
12-01-2006, 08:58 AM
My first story and I am hitting some "bumps in the road". Only 216 today and I am falling asleep. I stayed up too late last night. Now, I'm paying the piper. Need to go to bed.

Now I'm learning how to manage my main character and storyline. It's got some little glitches I'm working out.

aadams73
12-01-2006, 03:13 PM
About 1000 yesterday. I'm sluggish this week.

Good Word
12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I was thinking we could close out the month with some comments/taking stock and then start a fresh thread for December.

I'll be back to do round up this afternoon.

I had a less than okay couple of days, did a few hundred words. Last night I went to Uncle Jim's book signing in Cambridge!

With all it's additions and subtractions, my WIP stands at 55,600 words. I also got a couple of articles started this month that I have had kicking around in my head, and I'm really glad about that, too. I'm not counting my contract writing.

Congratulations to everyone on their November accomplishments!

dahmnait
12-01-2006, 05:35 PM
(I'm such a geek, I made a spreadsheet to track my word counts.) I've played with the idea of creating a database to track my projects and my word counts. A spreadsheet will be faster and will make it so much easier to sum up next month. :)

I'll be back with my summation later.

JDCrayne
12-02-2006, 04:59 AM
I only got 513 words done this afternoon, but perhaps I'll put in some time on it after dinner this evening. I really would like to finish this opus by the end of January. So, we're to have a December thread. That sounds like a good idea.

poetinahat
12-02-2006, 05:35 PM
I had a less than okay couple of days, did a few hundred words. Last night I went to Uncle Jim's book signing in Cambridge!
How excellent!

Downloaded all feedback on short story. Re-read it. Considering whether to pursue it as a longer piece; still having fun with it.

Wrote a sonnet -- under 100 words, but I like it.

Re-worked another poem a bit.

Chased after one-year-old son who's just really 'got it' re: walking. He's a walking machine now and grinning his little red head off. We must've looked like a Benny Hill skit, scooting around shops.

*ahem* So.

dahmnait
12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Chased after one-year-old son who's just really 'got it' re: walking. He's a walking machine now and grinning his little red head off. We must've looked like a Benny Hill skit, scooting around shops.:roll: That is an image that will keep me smiling all day.

kdnxdr
12-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Friday I only did 109, plus some editing. Doesn't sound like much but I did make some progress as far as getting my MC knocked out, has amnesia and certain events are fitting better into the story now.

kdnxdr
12-03-2006, 02:15 AM
I did it!!!

I have 625 and it's not even dark outside!

yahoo! Anything else I do this evening is icing on the cake!

Good Word
12-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Very nice, kdnxdr. :hooray:

I think we all get a sun for our efforts for November.

:Sun::Sun::Sun::Sun:

If you're pleased with what you accomplished, keep going. If not, remember that December is like hitting reset, and you get to start fresh.

Everyone should be posting in the December thread now.

Should I lock this one?