Not sure how to take this

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
An e-publisher requested my full manuscript for my novella The Christmas Wish. I sent it to them, and they said they are full for this Christmas, but would like to consider it for next Christmas. I've sent them an e-mail asking if I should resub next year or does this mean they want to offer me a contract, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

But, I'm taking it as a good thing anyway, because I think it means they liked it.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'd take it as something extremely positive. It sounds like an acceptance to me, unless they get back to you and say they want you to resubmit next year, in which case, um, I dunno.

It sounds like great news. I hope they get back to you soon!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
That's really great! It sounds very positive to me!

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great early Chrissie present. Congratulations!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's really nice, Southern girl. To me, it sounds like they will 'consider' it for next year. You might not have to send it to them again, or they might send you a reply email saying you can resubmit it or if you don't mind them holding it. I've had that happen once in awhile.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
They e-mailed me back and said that I didn't have to resubmit, that they would hold on to it for me. So, I'm still not sure how to take it. I think I'm going to keep looking for a publisher for it.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds promising ! Just remember, if you shop it around and get another nibble, you should keep these people informed.

And Congratulations :)