"Addiction, Obsession, Love" - Published November Issue of TD

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
My story "Addiction, Obsession, Love" is up in the November Issue of TD. (thedeepening)

For those with subscriptions you can read it here...
Addiction, Obsession, Love

I am really excited about this story appearing for many reasons and if any of you do read it, I would love to hear opinions on it. I know TD is not The NewYorker, yet it is kind of great to get my stories published there at least.

Below is the teaser they put up and the Editor's note which I of course, am incredibly shocked about. Hey...I can brag a little can't I? (Yes I am comma challenged! sheesh!)

The power and poignancy of real love, can we survive its aching, turbulent reckoning upon our very soul and essence? (Literary)

Editor’s Note:

This is probably one of the most difficult pieces I’ve ever had to edit, and, if my editing lacks aplomb, for I know I have not done this story it’s true justice, I apologise. This story ached in me as I read it, then ached even harder as I tried vainly to seek out comma splices and faults, to take that which was written with such exquisite passion and honestly and bring it to some grammatical cohesion that would render it whole and globally comprehensible in its entirely to its any audience.

Some could say this is a story of closure. …But it’s not. Some would say this is a tale of errant love. Again, it’s not. This is empassioned, a real story of real love, a perspective rarely glimpsed, more rarely comprehended, and most rarely ever expressed, especially from the man’s point of view. To have this most sought for, most elusive, most evasive of all experiences brought forth in full, real, raw, unfettered expression in a modern tale of joy and sorrow, of real feeling evoking real, demonstrated interplay of passion, understanding, and melancholy, is, once more, the gift Ted William Gross brings to the world with his powerful honesty in integrity of vision. —zentao

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome Teddy! Congrats yet again on getting something published at TD, and for the wonderful commentary about your work! Fantastic!
Keep up the great work!

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
Teddy

Let me first say WOW ! I was moved by this story. It holds some of the most accurate accounts of what true sacrifical love is all about. You write with a passion I have seen in my select few favorite authors. To me a "Great" book is one that leaves me wanting more when I finish reading, not wanting it to end. You have a gift, your heart holds the pen.

Great job and I look forward to your next one.

Lest not forgot some of the other stories you have on TD. I have read a few so far and can not wait to read all of them. Each story holds the same passion. If you are a subscriber you will be pleasantly surprised by each work you choose.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Way to GO TEDSTER! Now take a bow!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Oh my Dorkly kin! I too miss you. I have many deadlines. And 7 family birthdays this month...and nanowrimo...and the 24hr non-fiction contest. I will be like a ghost in the machine this month. But I'm happy to hear of your success...and the editor's notes! They rock!

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. But who is editing the editor?
TeddyG said:

Editor’s Note:

This is probably one of the most difficult pieces I’ve ever had to edit, and, if my editing lacks aplomb, for I know I have not done this story it’s true justice, I apologise. This story ached in me as I read it, then ached even harder as I tried vainly to seek out comma splices and faults, to take that which was written with such exquisite passion and honestly and bring it to some grammatical cohesion that would render it whole and globally comprehensible in its entirely to its any audience.

Some could say this is a story of closure. …But it’s not. Some would say this is a tale of errant love. Again, it’s not. This is empassioned, a real story of real love, a perspective rarely glimpsed, more rarely comprehended, and most rarely ever expressed, especially from the man’s point of view. To have this most sought for, most elusive, most evasive of all experiences brought forth in full, real, raw, unfettered expression in a modern tale of joy and sorrow, of real feeling evoking real, demonstrated interplay of passion, understanding, and melancholy, is, once more, the gift Ted William Gross brings to the world with his powerful honesty in integrity of vision. —zentao

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Teddy! That's wonderful. I love hearing when good things happen to good people. Sounds like that editor was blown away by your work. You deserve all the accolades you get. Well done!

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
:Thumbs: Way to go! Congratulations.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Teddy. What wonderful comments from the editor regarding your work. Made me want to read it, for sure. Is it available online? (I'm not familiar with TD).

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome Teddy. I so inspired by your stories. I'll pop over there this week and read it. But I already know it's gotta be good cause you got some good stories out there already.

You're making me proud, son.