An election insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Leon Panetta, who was Bill Clinton's Chief of Staff during the monumental 1994 off-year election in which Republicans swept to power in both the House and Senate, has an interesting insider's take on what the response of the Bush team might be if the reverse situation occurs on Tuesday. It's in a David Broder article in the Washington Post, but Panetta's observations are quite non-partisan and an intriguing look at how a political team may respond to such a setback.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/03/AR2006110301403.html

I was struck by this quote, on what the White House response might be to a big Republican loss on Tuesday:

"The fundamental question for Bush," Panetta said, "is, does he want to fight or does he want to govern?"

An intriguing and insightful question, seems to me. Bush's natural style has always been to be confrontational, and he's usually had enough bullets in the gun to make that work; if, after Tuesday, the gun is empty, can he be otherwise?

caw.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
An interesting observation. Nice post.

Caw.

Reaction score
dclary said:
An interesting observation. Nice post.

Caw.

I love interesting observations. Like why is it everytime I do a laundry one of my socks disappear?

But here...Which one? The Panetta thing. Fight who? The Thing?

And I'm drunk.

Someone cliff note it for me.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.