Stupid pet owners suck.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't you like to put people like that in a cage for about five days . . . without food?

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it had fled it's original owners, so they weren't able to feed her. On the other hand, yes, if they did it on purpose they should be beaten with a splintered club.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
That's terrible, you should move to the country where there are no limits on how many cats you can have.

We had a similar situation last summer, when a kitten arrived in our carport - screaming for food. (He was screaming at our Great Pyranees dog, but that's beside the point.)

This kitten was so skinny, he looked like he wouldn't last another day without food.

Well, the kitten is now a huge cat. He has filled out quite nicely. He's still on the Humane Society list to be neutered, but luckily all of our females are spayed. His name is Charlie, btw.

Here in Mississippi, I am dreading each new day of November. It's hunting time again. A time when 3/4 of the population load up their dogs in their trucks and head out to hunt deer. They let the dogs go - and many do not return. This is when the 1/4 of us who do not hunt get to dodge lost dogs on the highway - and view the remains of others who have already been hit. It's just a matter of time, really.

Just yesterday - we saw 5 dogs on the highway. One our way to dinner - we saw a dog running along the road - and, just then a logging truck sped past us, coming our way. I noted to my husband that the dog would probably be dead when we returned.

It was in two pieces in the center the road, exactly where we had passed him. The good news is that he didn't know what happened.

Last year I picked up 4 separate dogs on the same highway - 3
we took the Humane Society (almost 30 miles away) and the 4th I took to a veterinarian because it had been hit by a car. It died.

I dread November.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's how I got my two boys - someone in the neighborhood got these two kittens, then realized one had a hernia and tossed him out - luckily he found my house, then his brother showed up and we got him inside too.

Now they're two healthy, sassy, perfect little (fat) guys.

At least you can be glad to know his last days on this earth were warm, comfortable food-filled ones.

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
Caging those "owners" is too good. I vote for the death penalty. Sorry, I get a little radical over this stuff.....

CATastrophe

Registered
Reaction score
I summer at PetSmart and winter at the Vet's
alleycat said:
Wouldn't you like to put people like that in a cage for about five days . . . without food?

Not nearly long enough. I agree with Ol' Fashioned Girl...at least five months. :e2teeth:

I can't stand things like this.

Eldragon, I could never live where you live. I'd run out of tears, dry up and blow away like autumn leaves on the wind. :cry:

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
CATastrophe said:
Not nearly long enough. I agree with Ol' Fashioned Girl...at least five months. :e2teeth:

I can't stand things like this.

Eldragon, I could never live where you live. I'd run out of tears, dry up and blow away like autumn leaves on the wind. :cry:

Last night, there was a skinned, beheaded deer in the creek, exactly where we found Lucky. His legs were removed, too. He was still bleeding.

It's practically a daily event around here.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
In '99 I was out jogging with my yellow lab and a black lab came up to us. The black lab was, no exaggeration, the most pitiful looking creature I've ever seen. She looked like she'd been in Auschwitz--looking down from above, she was maybe three inches wide everywhere there weren't ribs.

I sort of vaguely recognized her from the neigborhood--jogging dogs get a lot of attention from other dogs. The house I was used to seeing her at was empty. Apparently what happened is the former owners moved away and just left her there. She was maybe two days from starved to death. It turns out she was also pregnant when they abandoned her. I know this because she gave birth on my best shirt the following week. (9 puppies, all miraculously healthy, all eventually placed in good homes.)

I hope there's a hell, I really do.

Last edited: