Build-A-World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokmistress

First off- Yes, my username is Wokmistress. If you're too curious for your own good, PM me and I'll tell you why.

Secondly- Do you need help building a world? I'm up to answering almost any questions on world-building. I'll also be editing in links onto the Opening Post that help with such things.

Qualifications? Tons of experience writing/making up/reading fantasy stories/worlds.

Ask me questions, please!

Links-
Holly Lisle's World-Building FAQ
Holly Lisle's Worldbuilding Workshop

Last edited:

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Absolute Write, Holly, and an especially warm welcome to our little Science Fiction and Fantasy forum.

World building is/has been a hot topic here--there are several threads that deal with one or another aspect of them. Perhaps you might browse through the forum and add your ideas and advice to them (it wouldn't hurt to bring some of those old threads back to the top).

Again, welcome to the Watercooler.

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of, has anybody used any mapping software? sounds kinda neato but I haven't checked much of it out... autoREALM is the one I've heard the most about.

I found a link that generates world maps on fractal geometry. Pretty cool -- input your numbers and presto!

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~johol/fwmg/fwmg.html

Last edited:

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Folks, I was about to say it appears that Wokmistress (aka Holly Lisle) isn't terribly interested in providing world building answers to our questions. She posted here in the Water Cooler but three times, all of those on Nov. 2. But that seemed a bit harsh, since I don't know Holly Lisle. So I went to Google. The name Holly Lisle produces 191,000 there...the few dozen I scanned indicate that Ms. Lisle is extremely knowledgeable.

But one her posts here (her first, in fact) reveals she is doing a nanowrimo novel. Let's hope she remembers her offer and comes back to us next month.

Euan H.

Unspeakable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
euanharvey.com
Wokmistress is not Holly Lisle. Holly Lisle is a multiply-published fantasy author; Wokmistress isn't.

Wokmistress' nano i.d. is here. She's 14.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
The moderator sighs, hating that he's been duped yet again, abashed he didn't do the research he should have done when his instincts told him up front that it was odd that Ms. Lisle might have posted in the AW forum using a silly user handle. With a scowl, he digs out his keys and
LOCKS
THIS
THREAD
Notice the purple rage? If I wasn't so embarrassed, I'd make this a sticky as a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.